Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Greg's Del Sol (Onto the Headlight Harness!)

Daily
    Honda CRX 96 GEN3
    Name
    Greg

17th June 2014

Getting ready to reinstall the cabin harness here is another shot of how long this harness really is, its equivalent to a very hungry anaconda snake

Installing the harness back into the car

Using the white cable ties temporarily so that the harness can conform to the bends (so far all the wiring is of correct length )
    Last edited by greg677; 14-09-17 at 10:21 AM.
    Daily
    Honda CRX 96 GEN3
    Name
    Greg

19th June 2014

This bracket is for the flasher, ECU main, and accessory light relays. Getting to the flasher relay for circuit testing or even replacing it is a bit of a pain in a Del Sol as its at the far back underneath the dash on the drivers side, you end up learning how to become a snake in the process with all the twisting and cracking of various bones

Therefore I decided to modify by cutting the left side of it and then connecting it to the back of the middle portion of the bracket thus saving some space and making it easier to access the light relay if I ever need to check it out.

Original Bracket

Modified (light relay behind the flasher relay)

Under side view (what it will look like when installed under the dash)

Its all the fine details that makes the project 33% longer but in the end come time for serviceability it just makes it so much easier.
    Last edited by greg677; 14-09-17 at 10:22 AM.
    Daily
    Honda CRX 96 GEN3
    Name
    Greg

20th June 2014

Now we start with the mock up location of the of the ABS wiring (unloomed wiring that is coming from the hole)
    The best way to route the harness was to follow the SRS wiring on the steering column support then go underneath the column so that the harness can be plugged on the right side.

ABS wiring hiding behind the SRS loom where the two white cable ties are

Followed by going underneath the steering column
    Last edited by greg677; 14-09-17 at 10:22 AM.
    Daily
    Honda CRX 96 GEN3
    Name
    Greg

Where the ABS harness connects to (right side of the steering column)

After I got all of the ABS wiring location sorted out it was time to loom the harness

Silicon taping the wires together

Fully loomed and ready to go!
    Last edited by greg677; 14-09-17 at 10:23 AM.
    Daily
    Honda CRX 96 GEN3
    Name
    Greg

22nd June 2014

Now that the cabin harness was back In I could start wiring the headlight harness Iíve left for soo long, I also think that the epoxy I put on the headlight pins will be fully cured by now it says 24 hours for full bonding strength I thought that wasnít enough so I decided to give it another 1 month and 8 days to cure haha! Safe to say it was fully cured so I reinstalled the pins back into their connectors.

After a couple of hours the passenger side has been wired up! Then called it a day as my hands had enough of fine wiring work.
    Daily
    Honda CRX 96 GEN3
    Name
    Greg

25th June 2014

Now moving on to the driverís side of the headlight harness

Once again measuring where the wires will sit and giving them appropriate slack

Beautiful Soldering (donít drip it on the wire let it soak into the wire) the excess coils will be clipped off then adhesive lined heat shrink will be applied for a water tight seal!

Just need to do the wiring for the grounding box and it will be ready to loom up
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678