Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: [QLD] S15 Spec R

Daily
    S15

The 110 is now registered so I can now start its life as a daily here. It drives really well, very smooth power delivery and extremely comfy. Compared to the Silvia, I'm really appreciating all the extra storage and extremely excited to make some changes performance wise.

The car itself was imported in 2016 as a Grade 4B, which is quite impressive. Imported to be the daily of the owner of a import workshop and then sold onto his friend (who I bought it off). It has seen some mileage since import but overall, in quite good nick all things considered. Things on the to-do list in the short-medium term:

• Major service - Parts ordered from Toyota
    • Radiator upgrade
    • Exhaust - I'm thinking of a custom system
    • Intercooler - SMIC isn't great and I'm told these respond quite well to a cooler upgrade
    • Remove BOV - As you can see in the engine bay pic above, the white BOV piping isn't great and I'm not a fan at all. I'll just remove the BOV altogether
    • Exhaust side breather - Car had a J-Pipe delete and the breather off the rocker cover has seen better days especially due to the heat. I'll come up a solution
    • Security System - A must for my own peace of mind
    • Detail - I can do my own correction with D/A polisher and I think this will significantly improve the look of the car and assist in keeping in clean
    • Try and find front and rear lips
    • Coilovers + Wheels (planning to retain comfort but require the adjustability)

I did receive some new parts this week in the form of a 35th anniversary edition grill and OEM grey side skirts (not pictured). I've installed the grille and I think it ties up quite nicely. Side skirts to installed soon

Before

After
    Daily
    S15

An eventful few things have happened since the last post.

Since the 110 is a daily and I'm also specific about how the car looks, one of the first things I actually did was a detail. I had all the supplies at home and some time off work and I got to it. This makes all my maintenance for washing a lot easier and I got to refresh some areas which were oxidised. Certain areas of the car still have scratches but the clear is quite thin in those areas and I didn't want to chance it. Additionally, some parts like the spoiler will be removed, so it made no sense to chase perfection. The flakes in the paint really pop. You may also note the side skirts are installed.

After some issues with the payment systems, I had some major service parts arrive (timing belt, water pump etc etc). This will be the next priority item

That's not to say I wasn't keeping an eye out on other parts. To really push that VIP look, I scored a set of Leon Hardiritt Bugels. I love the look of these and they're a lot more unique to what most people run, the design is catchy and I think it'll match well with the 110. They are 19x8.5 +25 and 19x9.5 +26. The likely plan being to run the 9.5 on the front and rebuild the 8.5 to something suitable for the rear. I'll also refresh the paint as though it looks good in the picture, they are a little rougher on closer inspection.

Now turning to the Silvia. Things have been fine with it, took it out for a drive and I got a hole in my tyre. However, the problems didn't end there. Since I relocated my oil filter, it has been sitting next to my oil pan, which isn't an issue really, except for the fact that Z442 oil filters are ridiculously tall. My ground clearance being kinda shit has always made me concerned and sure enough, as a result of my flat, was enough make my filter catch and completely destroy itself. Thankfully though, this happened in my driveaway and my dash would have alerted me of low oil pressure, and I didn't do any critical engine damage. However, as you can see, I snapped the bracket in half that holds the relocation block. Bracket has since been fixed and I am now running a HKS oil filter which is much shorter and causes me no angst now.

Daily
    180sx
    2nd Car
    W124 Mercedes 230E
    Name
    Saad

bring back build threads! Considering starting my own again
    Daily
    Mitsi Outlander
    2nd Car
    BNR32

Quote Originally Posted by Taikyu. View Post

Now turning to the Silvia. Things have been fine with it, took it out for a drive and I got a hole in my tyre. However, the problems didn't end there. Since I relocated my oil filter, it has been sitting next to my oil pan, which isn't an issue really, except for the fact that Z442 oil filters are ridiculously tall. My ground clearance being kinda shit has always made me concerned and sure enough, as a result of my flat, was enough make my filter catch and completely destroy itself. Thankfully though, this happened in my driveaway and my dash would have alerted me of low oil pressure, and I didn't do any critical engine damage. However, as you can see, I snapped the bracket in half that holds the relocation block. Bracket has since been fixed and I am now running a HKS oil filter which is much shorter and causes me no angst now.
    Did you shred the oil filter and spill oil everywhere or were you lucky in that it just snapped the bracket and all the oil stayed where it was meant to?

Quote Originally Posted by saad View Post
    bring back build threads! Considering starting my own again
    I need to do a pretty big update to mine too.
    Daily
    S15

Quote Originally Posted by Modified View Post
    Did you shred the oil filter and spill oil everywhere or were you lucky in that it just snapped the bracket and all the oil stayed where it was meant to?
    The bottom third of the filter packed it in, oil stayed in but a little bit of spillage (nothing major).
    Daily
    180sx
    2nd Car
    W124 Mercedes 230E
    Name
    Saad

Quote Originally Posted by Modified View Post

I need to do a pretty big update to mine too.
    still have the s13?
    Daily
    Mitsi Outlander
    2nd Car
    BNR32

Quote Originally Posted by saad View Post
    still have the s13?
    Alas not, sold it to a dude who loved it and did his thing with it, and then it was stolen from his house and burnt out (after being stripped of all the fruit). Most up to date but still mega out of date build thread here; Modifieds build thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910