Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [QLD] S15 Spec R

Daily
    S15

Another image

Daily
    S15

First I got the foggies for an absolute steal, now I got these quite cheap

They look okay on sil but not something I'd want to run all the time since S15 headlights look pretty good as is. I need to source some adhesive nubs to replace the current ones to mount them securely (if anybody knows the exact name and where I can get it, that'd be awesome). They should be easily obtainable given other cars use a similar adhesive (saw it on a FJ cruiser recently).

Other than that, had a new security system installed which is miles better than the previous system and alleviates my paranoia ...somewhat
    Daily
    S15

So super long time since the last update, mainly since there haven't been any modifications made to the car. I'm still enjoying the heck out of it, it's been reliable and always a joy to drive (it is my daily after all). Additionally, most finances have been directed to setting up a toolbox and financing new tools not only to work on the car but also a space to work on other household jobs.

That's not to say I haven't been working on the car. Just routine maintenance, the transmission and diff oil seemed to be in fairly good condition which is a good sign.

PS: Would highly recommend the Hafco service tray, makes doing things like the spark plugs so much faster and eliminates the risk of dropping things in the engine bay etc. Also has some holes to stash pry bars and screwdrivers etc.

Have also been dedicating more time towards taking photos, the local cars and coffee meets are going great here (can post some pictures here if there's interest otherwise, can see them on my insta https://www.instagram.com/raunak_/

Will finish up this post with a "glamour" shot of my car I took some months ago

Daily
    JZX100
    Name
    ?

Garage looks better than the TE37s. Really like the tones of the post processing.
    Daily
    S15

Quote Originally Posted by st204 View Post
    Garage looks better than the TE37s. Really like the tones of the post processing.
    Thanks mate haha

Finally hit the track today and having never been on this track other than as a passenger on happy laps, the goal was to familiarise myself with the track and car. It was an extremely packed day with 5 groups in total and it was difficult to put together a good lap whether it be due to traffic, flagged session and/or my own mistakes causing me to abort the lap. All that aside, I was aiming to lap at least 1:10 and anything faster would be a bonus. As luck would have it, the GoPro didn't my best session but my fastest time was a 1:10.74, which I was stoked with. Overall, the car felt extremely good out there with strong points being the brakes and power. Still got plenty of time in it with better driving. Will try to find some half-decent footage from one of the sessions but otherwise a photo will suffice for now

The aforementioned footage, wasn't my fastest lap since I was easing off for S2000 (much faster through the corners)

Last edited by Taikyu.; 10-08-17 at 07:25 PM.
    Daily
    S15

Delivery time!

Ever since I purchased the car, I've been wanting to buy a Nismo cluster. I prefer the clean, black aesthetic over the stock cluster (even though it's quite good in its own right). Got it brand new for a good price, so I can't complain.

On the bench, packaged very nicely in a massive box (not pictured) and the cluster itself surrounded with very soft, plush cushion type material (the white stuff under the cluster)

Installed! Very easy to install, just a matter of undoing a couple of screws, pulling off fascia and unplugging some plugs for the cluster. Probably would have been faster if the fiddly alarm light which sits on the steering column panel wanted to play nice but when is anything ever straightforward?

Glamour shot. That's what we're here for right ?
    Last edited by Taikyu.; 30-08-17 at 10:15 PM.
    Daily
    Mitsi Outlander
    2nd Car
    BNR32

Nice find with the cluster! Were you actively searching for a while, or this came up and you pounced?

I've been thinking about that tool chest/workbench combo for a while now as well, looks awesome.
    Rad-tastic: Radically Fantastic
    My Sil80 - Just a Street Car
    Daily
    S15

Quote Originally Posted by Modified View Post
    Nice find with the cluster! Were you actively searching for a while, or this came up and you pounced?
    The latter really, prices were too expensive so it ended up in "later" pile of things.

I've been thinking about that tool chest/workbench combo for a while now as well, looks awesome.
    iirc, they've reduced the price on these. A few months in, I like it. For the price, you're getting a lot of real estate. Obviously it's compromised in the overall fit and finish but my priority was space. The drawers could probably be a bit sturdier, the overheard, middle cabinet wouldn't close properly so had to fix that up. Minor things really but things which wouldn't be an issue in a more expensive box. I would definitely recommend attaching some lighting under the overhead cabinets. I got some Arlec units from Bunnings and it makes working on the bench a much better experience. I can easily accommodate all my things with plenty of room to spare. The workbench is also extremely important since I don't really have any other space to accommodate another one. The pegboard is more useful than I initially imagined and lets me open and quickly fix things (be it automotive or otherwise).
    Daily
    Mitsi Outlander
    2nd Car
    BNR32

Quote Originally Posted by Taikyu. View Post
    The latter really, prices were too expensive so it ended up in "later" pile of things.
    Trying to find the old Nismo logo stuff is bananas as well.. The kill-switch lighter thing is $250+ for a used one :/ $500+ for new old stock. Too crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikyu. View Post
    iirc, they've reduced the price on these. A few months in, I like it. For the price, you're getting a lot of real estate. Obviously it's compromised in the overall fit and finish but my priority was space. The drawers could probably be a bit sturdier, the overheard, middle cabinet wouldn't close properly so had to fix that up. Minor things really but things which wouldn't be an issue in a more expensive box. I would definitely recommend attaching some lighting under the overhead cabinets. I got some Arlec units from Bunnings and it makes working on the bench a much better experience. I can easily accommodate all my things with plenty of room to spare. The workbench is also extremely important since I don't really have any other space to accommodate another one. The pegboard is more useful than I initially imagined and lets me open and quickly fix things (be it automotive or otherwise).
    Awesome - sounds like you're in a similar situation to me. Space is a priority aswell as I'm in a single garage in a unit block. Seeing your setup with the pegboard actually started me thinking on how I could use that space, so thank you haha

Somewhat unrelated, seems that there are no more SPAM bots..?
    Rad-tastic: Radically Fantastic
    My Sil80 - Just a Street Car
    Daily
    S15

Trying to find the old Nismo logo stuff is bananas as well.. The kill-switch lighter thing is $250+ for a used one :/ $500+ for new old stock. Too crazy.

Awesome - sounds like you're in a similar situation to me. Space is a priority aswell as I'm in a single garage in a unit block. Seeing your setup with the pegboard actually started me thinking on how I could use that space, so thank you haha

Somewhat unrelated, seems that there are no more SPAM bots..?

I have a kill-switch lighter too surprisingly enough. Got it before anything Nismo related went bonkers. Also have Nismo front and rear strut braces.

The main downside is that there's not too much depth on the workbench but depends on the type of work you'll do on it. Bots are on and off, who knows.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast