Thread: What would be the best first project car?

Daily
    N/A

What would be the best first project car?

Hello everyone, im a bit new to the community but would like some input here. I am thinking about getting a project car, preferably a Japanese manual. Before you jump to conclusions, I assume I have enough money but not a huge amount to do this build. However it is difficult to find nice JDM cars in my area.I am limited to mainly Eclipse's, civics or the rare WRX sti. What, in your opinion, would be the best starting project car?
    Daily
    GSR Evo VII

What exactly are you going to use it for? depends on that question first to be honest. although if i was to throw a good, cheap, fun project car out there, and this is just me though, id say a mx5 na6/na8. reason being the parts are dirt cheap and having SO much aftermarket parts for it, you have endless supplys if anything goes wrong (like more project cars do). they handle amazing which is sad as they are always mis-titled by people that never actually try driving one. and best part, there is so many of them out there for you to choose from so shouldnt have issues finding one especially in the US. from stock they are definitely slow but easy bolt ons can definitely already put a smile back on your face.
    Daily
    N/A

What I would like to do with it is essentially practice, eventually I want to build up to an evo 8 or 9 but I figured I should start somewhere smaller. It would be just for fun, not a daily driver.

Also, thanks for the response.
    Daily
    Ford Mondeo

I've only really worked on Hondas to be honest. And they're great most the parts are pretty interchangeable so not too much worry if you can't get exactly the right part as other models will often use the same piece.

They do like to charge a bit for OEM stuff from Honda but everything is simple to use/build and it all goes together nicely for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Daily
    1996 -soontobepink- civic
    2nd Car
    1977 Civic
    Name
    Ben

Honda's are a good place to start. Lots of parts, easy to work on (unless you are doing timing belts), cheap parts (bar oem), etc.

Otherwise you can pick up a cheap v8 or something and build it up. But, that's going a different direction in a sense
    4 doors > 2 doors
    Daily
    Honda
    2nd Car
    mitsubishi
    Name
    Gul sher

I would like to do with it is essentially practice, eventually I want to build up to an evo 8 or 9 but I figured I should start somewhere smaller. It would be just for fun, not a daily driver.

Last edited by boring; 18-10-16 at 12:24 AM.
    Daily
    s

The weather is looking up, which means project car season is coming. We asked our readers to share lessons they learned building their first project cars, and this is what we got. It's tempting to cheap out on tools since everything else will be so expensive, A project car is generally a vehicle that can be purchased rather Look for models built from the mid-to-late 1990s for the best place to start the company first hit the scene, with car designs.

Property Management
    Daily
    honda
    Name
    Michael

Hi. I see that I found fans the same kind of cars And you have interesting ideas to project Good luck!
    Last edited by mouse; 30-11-16 at 01:09 AM.