Thread: R31 wagon build

Daily
    R31 wagon

R31 wagon build

I've decided to make a build thread, im the usual lurker who has always thought about it and what better time now i just got a wagon. I'm not 100% sure what I'm aiming for with this as I'm in no rush, what i am sure about is going rb30e+t, manual, coilovers in front, shock + spring setup in rear or weld in strut towers, general clean up and what not and respray it in the future. Basically I'm just going to mod it depending on my mood and impulse buys.

Bit late on starting but thats how it sits now. When the guy dropped it off the interior was all apart, so was the diff. I pulled out the dash to clean up the wiring and pull out the padding behind there, still in the process so ill take pictures later today.

Anyway, here are some pictures of what ive already done.

S13 knuckles, hubs, brakes + r33 lower control arms for extended track. Cheap china coilovers i had lying around for now so i can move it. Waiting on modified knuckles so i have an idea of rack end length before i buy anything for that.

Sizing up some side skirts off a chaser, not sure what model. I'll have to cut them a tad shorter to fit, going to screw the centre on first then pull out the ends a bit before i screw them on to make the kink more noticable.

Only picture i took when putting the diff back together, unsiezed 1 caliper the other one was fine. Tried to put the auto shaft back in and the yolk wont slide into the box, i have another tailshaft to try if it doesnt work a manual conversion will be on the cards sooner.

Solid steering bush and mild steel manifold ready to go, will take better pictures from now on.
    Daily
    R31 wagon

Todays progress.

Started pulling stuff out of the bay, washer bottle, overflow and fuse boxes will be hidden either under the guard or behind the front bar at the front of the wheel arch. Loom will be tucked and bay painted so i decided I'll pull the engine out later on and modify the engine loom + paint the bay.

Removed the padding behind the dash, heater core etc will go back in as i want to keep this as close as RWC as possible plus i don't want to freeze my ass off. Plan to run an anti-lag system and shoot mega flames with this car so don't want anything catching fire from the screamer pipe

And why not remove the sound deadening while I'm at it, will get dry ice or something similar next week.
    Daily
    Toyota Supra
    Name
    Rob

This looks mad already. I really look forward to future updates man!
    Daily
    R31 wagon

Starting to simplify engine loom.

Cut off auto kickdown on tps, fuel reg controller, idle control etc and moving these 2 plugs to under dash where the ecu is. Ones for tacho and the other is noise suppression or something

Daily
    Corolla

Lookin good boss 👌
    Daily
    R31 wagon

Been a bit lazy but heres whats happened.

Stripped down motor, rebuild head with stiffer springs, block waiting on parts

Not much progress on painting the bay, caked with tar and the paint stripper didnt work too well
    Daily
    Public Transport!
    Name
    Dave Mate.

Good progress dude.
    Daily
    R31 wagon

Bays tucked. Motors pulled down. Hotwashed it by connecting my high pressure hose to the hot tap in the laundry. Painted it. Swapped my 30e head and manifold for a complete 25 head with loom etc. Pulled head down, cleaned, new valve stem seals to go in, valves faced, porting tomorrow. Forged rods on the way, undecided on pistons i want between 9 - 9.5:1 CR. Got an n1 oil pump that im getting billet gears for. Interior is back together..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Daily
    Public Transport!
    Name
    Dave Mate.

Fitted the Chaser skirts?
    Daily
    R31 wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RBLUV View Post
    Fitted the Chaser skirts?
    Nah not yet. Guards are off atm, prob wont be fitted til paint

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk