Thread: NFSZEN - Need for Speed x Zen Garage S15

Daily
    MKV R32 Golf
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R

NFSZEN - Need for Speed x Zen Garage S15

NFSZEN S15 in the game.

Hey all,

Earlier in the year EA Games flew me to Sweden to consult on the new Need for Speed. The Zen Garage logos feature as stickers you can apply to your cars in the new game, and as if that wasn't enough (!), EA Games have gifted us the opportunity to build an S15.

Zen Graff sticker.

Zen stickers in the game.

Intro video.

On set at Hypertune.

Take 40, or something... I was pretty shit at remembering my lines (but Adam killed it!).

The build kicked off last Wednesday with EA Games filming us and our newly acquired S15 at Hypertune who kindly loaned us (Zen and EA Games) their sexy workshop for the day.

Last Thursday night we officially took delivery of the S15 which hung out at the Zen Stand at EOMM.

The engine feels strong and the car feels super solid. The tiny Nardi doesn’t feel right so we’ll most likely swap that out. There’s only one little annoying rattle inside the cabin that's coming from the light in the headliner, pretty impressive considering the age of the car. Car is in desperate need of a wheel alignment though, and it’s slammed too, so we’ll raise it up a little ASAP.

It’s going to be an intense project that will span the next couple of months. We're sure we’ll run into issues along the way, but with the support of the amazing crew we'll have involved in this build we're 100% sure we’re going to kill it and have heaps of fun in the process!

The build kicks off soon! Stay tuned for updates!

Follow: https://www.facebook.com/zengarage/
    Zen Blog: http://www.zengarage.com.au/
    Last edited by Justin Fox; 12-11-15 at 07:38 AM.
    Daily
    1996 -soontobepink- civic
    2nd Car
    1977 Civic
    Name
    Ben

Keen to see this build. Should be a good one
    4 doors > 2 doors
    Daily
    MKV R32 Golf
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R

Video of the car at EOMM by Ved at Selectnine.

PS: I figure I'll run this build thread just like I've always done with my previous cars. I'll be a little more personal in here than on Zen Garage and I'll be able to focus on all the little things in here, but keep in mind there is a team behind me, both Zen crew as well as the agency, as well as EA Games Australia. Soon we'll introduce you guys, the community, into the mix too.

A few things:

1) The budget is super tight, but we're hoping that with the help of the automotive businesses involved within our community we'll be able to make it something cool in the end.
    2) Timeframe is tight, we will have around 4 weeks from start to end.

Personally; despite the small budget and tight timeframe I'm just totally stoked to be building a car for Need for Speed, period. But it's no secret that I've always wanted an S-Chassis! I've inspected and test driven a fair few 180s but never pulled the trigger, and I've been in love with the S15 ever since it came out. I almost thought that the window for owning an S15 had shut... but now the keys are in my lap! More updates as they come!
    Last edited by Justin Fox; 12-11-15 at 07:34 AM.
    Daily
    MKV R32 Golf
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R

One of the first things I do when I buy a car, whether it's brand new, or used, is drive it to Heasman Steering for a wheel alignment. The S15 is slammed too (it's practically riding on bump stops), so for the first time ever, I'm getting the guys to raise the car rather than lower it!

I'd say over 50% of the cars on our roads have bad alignments. IMHO a wheel alignment is one of the quickest and most cost effective ways to make your car FEEL better, not to mention that comforting sense of knowing your alignment is right and tyres are wearing evenly too. Where it's sometimes not so clear whether or not some modifications work, with wheel alignments there's a radical difference when going from a bad set-up to a good street set-up, or from a street set-up to a track set-up.

Chris Vella at Heasman Steering fit us in last night to get her raised up and aligned, enjoy the following photos, video coming soon!

The car has a different brand tyre on each wheel…

The car was also previously a bit of a stance car, in order to get big camber a previous owner upgraded the car with Hardrace goodies which opens us up to do whatever alignments we’d want for this build be it stance, street or race.

As expected, she was out of whack. You know though, it didn’t feel THAT bad. Goes to show an alignment is always worthwhile.

Technician Chris Vella adjusting the coils to raise the car up.

Last Night's Party.

All done, street alignment and she’s at legal height now.

Visit: http://heasmans.com.au
    Daily
    VFII SS-V Redline
    Name
    Grant

So keen to see the build develop.
    Daily
    Z32
    2nd Car
    S15 Aero
    Name
    Josh

Keeping an eye on this! Keen to see what you do with this car Justin!
    Daily
    02 WRX CSE5

Good that it came with hardrace gear and coils already! Full adjustment, had my hardrace camber and toe arms sitting in my garage all Uni semester waiting for some free time.

What brand are the coils?
    Surely you have a parts wish list/inspiration pics already ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Daily
    Suzuki Jimny :(

nothing beats a well documented build, looking forward to seeing the results..
    Daily
    MKV R32 Golf
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R

Sorry guys, had to delete the thread as the project hadn't officially kicked off yet! Now that it has I'll be updating this build thread as we go along!

For now, check out our intro video.

They shot it in 3D too! You can view the 3D version on Zen Blog: http://www.zengarage.com.au/2015/11/...d-crew-create/
    Daily
    MKV R32 Golf
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R

It’s time to get to work!!!

Picked up a couple of PS4’s and 2 copies of Need for Speed on the 5th when the game came out. We’ve been on it, winning as much cash and rep points as we can in order to buy the S15 in the game, then unlock all the body kits for our NFS x ZEN S15 project.

This is actually work. We’re still pinching ourselves!!!

PS: We've read a whole lot of negative feedback out there in regards to the game, especially in regards to drifting, but we've found that once you tune your cars right drifting is actually pretty damn fun in the game!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast