Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: THE MOLESTING OF AN UN-MOLESTED S13

Daily
    Holden Calais L67 VYII
    2nd Car
    Nissan Silvia S13 Q
    Name
    Filip

Plans sound good. You'll find you can have plenty of fun while having a NA motor. I love the way my NA SR S13 drives. Definitely recommend a good differential as one of your first modifications. Really changes the characteristics of the car. I put a R200 4.3 ratio with a kaaz 2 way in mine and I highly recommend it.
    Daily
    Silvia S13
    Name
    Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by archieS15 View Post
    super nice ones hey, keen to see!
    good stuff exactly what I did, 5 years later and i'm only taking out the NA motor now with everything else finished first.

p.s. swaybars are a godsend, and a tight diff makes things predictable, highly recommend both.
    Cheers. Hopefully im getting front and rear camber arms, toe arms, control arms and all the other arms next week 😂 Will deffinitley keep an eye out for an r200 !
    Daily
    Nissan Autech S15
    Name
    Archie Brown

in my experience arms didn't offer any handling improvement apart from the solid bushes they used, they just helped correct errors when lowering or fitting big wheels.
    eccentric lockout washers are great though and cheap, i'd recommend doing those for your rear toe and camber if you're putting adjustable arms in it will make your alignment last 10x longer at the rear
    if you want to throw the steering wheel and have the car just hook and pull you through the corner swaybars swaybars swaybars, it's a whole new car with them.
    Daily
    Silvia S13
    Name
    Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by archieS15 View Post
    in my experience arms didn't offer any handling improvement apart from the solid bushes they used, they just helped correct errors when lowering or fitting big wheels.
    eccentric lockout washers are great though and cheap, i'd recommend doing those for your rear toe and camber if you're putting adjustable arms in it will make your alignment last 10x longer at the rear
    if you want to throw the steering wheel and have the car just hook and pull you through the corner swaybars swaybars swaybars, it's a whole new car with them.
    I'm definitely getting front and rear sway bars in the future but will be needing the arms first as im about to chuck on some wide wheels. Thanks for the tip with the lockout washers, i'll give them a go
    Daily
    Nissan Autech S15
    Name
    Archie Brown

keen to see em
    Daily
    Mitsubishi Triton
    2nd Car
    Toyota Sprinter ae86
    Name
    Nat

Looks like a great project!

As Archies15 has said swaybars are the go! My s13 was completely stock, got some swaybars second hand and it completely transformed the car, even on stock shock/springs.
    Daily
    Silvia S13
    Name
    Marcus

UPDATE :OO DDDDDD
    Sooooo while waiting for pay day, i decided to do a quick/cheap mod. Paint the rocker covers !!

Gave them a quick sanding before the first coat.

Was a nice sunny day today Thought it was the perfect time to squirt my base coat on the covers, came out pretty decent to my surprise.

Annddddd heres how the final coat turned out. The paint was abit lighter than anticipated, but non the less it looks aight.

Daily
    Silvia S13
    Name
    Marcus

Suspension Time !! And Wheel Reveal :O :D

Guys, i thought it was time i go and buy me some coilovers.
    After researching around and calling up 20 million places, i couldn't find one that stocked the coils i wanted
    Just before i gave up, i called one last place. "CJ motorsports", after explaining to them my situation, they were able to fix me up with a brand new set of Tein Super Street coils to suit s13/180sx.
    I was able to pick these bad boys up for a very very very good price.

Here are my rims ughhhh
    They are Genuine Work Meister S1 3P's
    Fronts are 18x8.5+24
    Rears are 18x10+18
    It will be a mission to fit these as the fronts are already poking out a shit ton. I do plan on getting the guards rolled and flared to fit these wheels. An order has been made for all the suspension arms and parts so hopefully the rears will fit with a tiny bit of camber.
    Here is a photo with one coil and one wheel on, i haven't adjusted the height yet or anything, just literally installed one coil and took a photo with the wheel on. Will be sure to update with all the coils and wheels on.

Daily
    Holden Calais L67 VYII
    2nd Car
    Nissan Silvia S13 Q
    Name
    Filip

Good pick up on the 4 stud meisters, did your TEINS come with front camber tops? Drop to a 35 profile front tyre if you haven't already and camber it in if it pokes, should help with fitmemt.
    Daily
    Silvia S13
    Name
    Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by Street_raiders View Post
    Good pick up on the 4 stud meisters, did your TEINS come with front camber tops? Drop to a 35 profile front tyre if you haven't already and camber it in if it pokes, should help with fitment.
    Cheers man ! No unfortunately the coils didn't come with the camber tops, so im currently using my own pillow tops until i can buy some camber tops of my own.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast