Thread: Hello JDMST Community

Daily
    Nothing
    Name
    Gabe

Hello JDMST Community

Name: Gabe
    Car: Looking for my first car
    How I found JDMST: Looking around to find really nice good cheap cars and I cam across a forum post and was reading it and noticed how all these people came together to help this one person and I thought it would be cool to help join this community.
    Main reason I join was to ask advice for people what their opinions of good first cars would be. I am a big guy so I cant fit in every car 6'2 and almost 400lbs. And i've been looking for something reliable pref manual, Japanese because of reliability as well as good fuel economy(above 20mpg city) Thanks for checking out my post and would like to help me get to know this forum and maybe help me find a good first car or just to even give me your opinion Private message me or comment I will surely respond
    Daily
    BR9 GT
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R

Hey mate, I always recommend getting something boring, cheap and easy to fix as your first car. Something like a Camry, Maxima, etc.
    What is your budget? What sort of car do you want though? What do you plan on using it for in the next 1-2 years? E.g. just driving around (then look for comfort, reliability, Lexus?). Spirited driving? Maybe something like an G35/Z33, etc.

Whatever you decide on, make sure you can get as much service history as you can. With the engine off, pull off the oil cap and have a look/smell in the cam cover. Check that fluids are within the marks and don't look/smell like they're 1 million miles old. Check under the car, look at rails, suspension bushings, engine, gearbox, diff etc. (or get the car inspected by a mechanic). Overall condition of the car will indicate how the owner took care of it. Once you decide on a car (or cars), research their known faults/things to fix.

E.g. my 2010 Legacy wagon has heaps of room and is comfy to drive around.
    Daily
    Nothing
    Name
    Gabe

My budget is within 2000$ and I plan on making long roadtrips next summer and possibly over this upcoming spring break. I have looked into maximas and Camry's I sat in a newer camry (in the passenger side) and I had height issues. I went to sit in a maxima the other day but the place sold it before i got there so I still dont know How i fit in those. I would like a car where I can fit at least 3 people into (one behind passenger one passenger and driver) Because in most sedans unless like a 1997 lincoln, its very hard to fit behind me (except a pontiac vibe good rear room for people) but I also need a backseat for small children (4, 6). Thanks for the very helpful response as well
    Daily
    BR9 GT
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R

You might be able to grab a good bargain, so keep an eye out. Hard to go wrong with a well serviced Japanese sedan. Try finding an ES300, they go for stupid cheap these days, and are way more likely to be serviced properly throughout it's life than a Camry or Maxima.