Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My 1999 Nissan Pulsar N15 SSS Series 2

Daily
    Triumph Street Triple RX
    Name
    Gregory

Quote Originally Posted by nizmo_man View Post
    The wheels are great looking, very mid-late 90's. Although I like the look of the "darkened" SSS tail lights we got in Aus, those Lucino ones are great too.
    Thanks mate! yeah I like old school looks, wouldn't mind having a set of old school jdm wheels on this one day.
    Daily
    Triumph Street Triple RX
    Name
    Gregory

Quote Originally Posted by mloo View Post
    Just read through the entire thread; really enjoyable. Keep up the good work!

Your pictures are amazing btw, what do you use to take your snaps with?
    Thanks mate appreciate it, will do! I have a sony a58 that I use, pretty basic entry level slr. My skill level with photography is pretty low, but I do my best to get good shots with it haha.
    Daily
    Triumph Street Triple RX
    Name
    Gregory

Update Time!

Okay so its definitely been a while again, sorry! Not much has happened for the poosar, since I decided to make a financial mistake that I now regret but oh well I'll make good of it one day. My brother was selling his wrx and asked if i wanted to buy it, I've always liked Wrxs but never got one so figured why not ehh. I asked if it had any issues and he said none, what a load of bull manure that turned out to be smfh! This car is more of a bucket than what my pulsar was when i first got it and that says a lot. I won't bore you with too much info but, I figured I'd get it to an okay stage before i started driving it around and I fixed some of its issues. Anyway I drove it around for a bit, but it's currently broken waiting on parts and I've also started work on the pulsar so I have no car to enjoy for the moment which is fun, luckily i have a work car at the moment so I don't have to get wet in the rain If I had to ride my daily. Its such an annoying car to work on like seriously, I thought jcb machines were terrible to work on at work well boy was I wrong this sugaru is a nightmare!

Its a 1997 Impreza Wrx GC8, I might make a thread for it one day when its not annoying me and I start doing some cool stuff to it thats worth putting in a thread. In the mean time here are a few photos of it:

[IMG]DSC02978 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC02963 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

Soo back to the pulsar, its currently in pieces as I'm doing a lot of things to it. Gear box is currently out as I'll be changing out clutch and flywheel with xtreme parts which should hopefully arrive this week or next. I'll be fixing my oil pan leak at the same time too, have had the parts for this for a while they've just been sitting. All mounts will be getting changed to polyurethane, funnily enough when I was taking the box out, I found out my rear motor mount on the cross member was broken like inner sleeve was just chilling on the metal shell which explains why my engine would rock back and fourth when I would accelerate and then let off the throttle at certain periods whilst driving.

I also have the radiator out of the car atm, I want to get some spal fans and get a shroud made for better cooling and mostly more room in engine bay. It annoys me how close the factory fans sit next to the exhaust manifold. I took my aircon out at the same time as its never worked properly so instead of wasting more money getting new components to remedy the problem I thought I'd say see ya later since real race cars don't need aircon haha!

[IMG]20181007_151153 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

Battery will be going to the boot when Ive finished all the upgrades and fixing I'm going to be doing. I've already made up a bracket using the old bracket that used to hold the fuses, blasted it back to bare metal and I'm going to get it zinc coated because thats my new obsession.

[IMG]20181008_180521 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'll be putting a cube short shifter when I pick one up soon to get the gear changes feeling a bit more precise. Shifter boot will be getting ditched for a setup that I'm stealing from hondas. Will be a bit of work to get it to look clean, but I think it will pay off and look better than the gear boot setup I used to have. A weighted gear knob will be going on in favour of the current carbon D1 knob thats on currently.

My lower control arms are also off the car and I got the bushes and ball joints out of them both, bushes gave me a hard time tbh I won't lie I was frustrated by it, but I got there in the end. I'll be blasting those and getting them zinc coated like my fuse box bracket. I'll be putting poly bushes in the arms to whilst I'm at it. I want to put a super pro sway bar at the same time, but I'm not sure if i'll get it done now or later as its a good $430 for a sway bar which is a huge chunk of cash.
    I'd rather get those cusco braces I've been wanting to get for a while first and then swaybar.

I did happen to actually get something I've been meaning to get done for a long time finally done on the car. I had someone local who does headlight retrofits and modifications remove my front corner indicator's orange reflector thingo so they're clear. They look great and change the look of the car, hopefully if you've been wondering why I'm all about having lucinos and non blacked out headlights you can now see what i've been trying to make the car look like!

[IMG]20180822_164819 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180822_164751 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180822_170318 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

A while ago when I was about to refurbish my wheels I had someone local remake some stickers that were on the wheels when I first picked them up. Although these stickers are usually in the section that the tire goes on and are never seen I decided to get them made up and put them in a spot where they can be seen for a more official look. I first hit the person up for these stickers in May but it took ages to get them back Im pretty sure I ended up receiving them In August or September which is like ages after i had tires mounted on the wheels and the wheels on the car which meant they'd have to wait until all wheels were off the car to be actually fitted. Despite the hicup they look great and I love the little touch they give the wheels.

[IMG]20181006_191130 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

Another issue I fixed today was my spoiler, if you read a while ago when I put the st spoiler on top of my factory sss spoiler I placed it a bit forward which stopped me from opening my hatch more than a 1/4 open which sucked! Well i got it off, took it to work and brought actual original spoiler because when I first did this mod i used a spare spoiler I had picked up incase I didn't like the look and didn't want holes in the spoiler if it were to go back on. The spare spoiler was broken in one spot which didn't matter but since I was revising the mod i figured I'd use the original spoiler, but first I had to fix some issues with the st spoiler.

I had accidentally left the holes I had cut into it looking ugly so that needed to be fixed which I managed to get done and even got some edge trim on it to make it look less rough even though no one will see it.

[IMG]DSC03010 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC03011 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC03015 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

Now you'll notice the st spoiler sits further back of the factory one, before it was sitting just past the factory spoiler which made it touch the car and give me grief if I needed to access the hatch.

[IMG]DSC03018 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC03019 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC03022 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

I like this mod a lot but its a major pain in the arse to deal with the front two mounting points for the st spoiler. I even cracked the paint when I got my ratchet spanner stuck in a crevis and I had to get it out in a rough way. I'm not a happy camper about it as the situation got worse when I got home and went to touch up the paint. I had left over paint in the can from when first sprayed both spoilers, but I guess it went bad from sitting in the shed? I sprayed it and everything was going well until I noticed when I sprayed it, it came out silver but when it dried it went grey! Not sure if it maybe reacted weirdly or something, but whats done is done I guess.

[IMG]DSC03020 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC03025 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC03026 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

Its staying like that, you couldn't pay me enough take it off to respray the whole thing right now I'm over it. This is certainly not the final form of the car anyway as this spoiler setup is just for now. I eventually want to have a Js racing gt wing (usually found on civics, but I'll make it work for my poosar!). Since its a $1400 wing I'll wait until I have enough money to buy 1400 wing just for flex purposes as I doubt It will have much functional purpose on my car, until then this st spoiler will do just fine.

I also got my calipers back from zinc coating and they look great. I shall be ordering a nissan seal kit this week hopefully. Hopefully next time have other pictures of them they're back together and just waiting on pads, I know I said that last time I've decided to go with Project Mu pads so I'll update on that when I have them in hand.

[IMG]DSC02957 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC02958 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC02959 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

I do apologise I know this is the most whack update i've done yet but I'll be doing more updates sooner rather than leaving it until everything is done then having a long update. I'll get something done then update it on here so you have a better picture of whats actually going on with the car.
    Until next time enjoy some photos I took of the pulsar after a Cars and Coffee meet a while ago, thanks for reading through.

[IMG]DSC02945 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC02946 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC02930 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC02931 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC02933 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234