Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 1999 Nissan Pulsar N15 SSS Series 2

Daily
    Triumph Street Triple RX
    Name
    Gregory

Alrighty time for another update on the Poosar! I don't like updating this thread with weak af updates but its all I have atm so bare with me!

Not much has happened I'm just sort of doing what I can when those certain parts get here. Recently picked up a 2 slat grille painted gloss black, also picked up a badge for the bonnet and a sss badge originally meant for a datsun of some sort. I was intending to buy a new rear oem sss sticker from nissan but those are no longer available of course and even if they were $90 for a decal yeah no thanks Nissan :/ Anyway so I gave the badges a few coats of plastic dip and they came up great. Also reason for picking up a 2 slat instead of leaving the lucino is because the lucino was hella broke when I bought the car I mean cracked and missing several clips, was basically hanging on for dear life thanks to cable ties so over the left shoulder that went as soon as the 2 slat arrived. TBH I never really like the lucino grille they look okay but they're not all that imo. So here are some snaps of that business:

[IMG]DSC01943 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC01937 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC01947 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

So since my rocker stoppers and rocker cover gaskets had arrived it was time to fix up the rocker cover and put those parts in. Rocker cover had been painted by one of the previous owners and paint job wasn't looking very good anymore as it was peeling and cracking, I was originally going to get it blasted, then paint it with wrinkle black and sand off the casting marks but thought I'd get it powder coated for a tougher finish that won't bust up easily and the sand down the casting marks.

[IMG]DSC01955 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

While the cover was off at the powder coating shop I set to install the rocker stoppers, upon removing the cover I was met with a nasty surprise I thought the silicon was over done from the outside when they put the cover back on after painting but boy was I wrong I mean christ on a bike that is a lot of silicon!! And yes it took me ages to clean that mess up. Also the engine looks kinda cruddy (not 100% sure thats a word) it seems this sr probably never got all the services it needed, I feel like some oil changes were skipped and changing the oil regularly could have kept it in better condition. Oh well damage is done all I can do now is just maintain it better until rebuild time.

[IMG]DSC01953 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC01952 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

Cleaned up that silicon mess up from the head and rocker stoppers went in nicely.

[IMG]DSC01958 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC01959 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

After that task I needed to remover that broken bolt that was still in the head, I was expecting this job to go to shit because it seems whenever I have to remove a broken bolt at work 99% of the time it doesn't go my way and 1% of the time it does and I don't have to go the next size up. Luckily It worked for me and also I couldn't afford to go the next size bolt here which would be m8, don't think it would work or maybe I'm wrong.

[IMG]DSC01957 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC01956 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

Once I got the rocker cover back I set on to sanding back the casting marks, being the clumsy noob I am my hand accidentally slipped whilst sanding and I may have scratched that oh so awesome fresh powder coat on the cover Oh well lesson learnt, take it easy next time or else this happens.

[IMG]DSC01994 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC01993 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

I originally wanted to get all new bolts and washers for the rocker cover but man they're pretty pricey items from Nissan, I buy most of my oem Nissan parts from japan but even then it just didn't seem worth it to waste that much money for new fasteners. So I only bought a new bolt and washer to replace the broken one and just reused the rest. This mean I had to clean up silicon off the old washers oh how fun that was :/

[IMG]DSC01991 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC01992 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

All installed and everything in the bay put back together and looking tidy again. Took the car for a short drive since it had been two weeks since I started this job I was itching to get behind the wheel again, its crazy how much this car makes me smile everytime I drive it, its a bit of turd and I'm working on bringing it back to its former glory but it sure does have a special place in my heart.

[IMG]DSC01995 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC01996 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

On another note I attended MCM Nationals at Barbagallo Raceway in August, that was quite a blast and pretty awesome to meet Marty and Blair after watching their channel for years. It was an awesome day so many people turned up and heaps of awesome cars took heaps of photos too. I got the chance to take out the Poosar on track for couple of laps which was fun but most importantly gave me an idea of how my car is at the moment and what I still need to do before I start beating on it at the track.
    Noticed my tires were really good at the beginning and after a couple of laps they just weren't having it, maybe my pressures weren't correct but I probably won't be using RE003 next time, a much more track dedicated tire is on the list now regardless. Car could definitely use some more stiffening up but I was already aware of that. Apart from my rotor shield rubbing on my rotor brakes were awesome the whole time despite the basic gct pads i have up front I mean I drove the car pretty hard and brakes never gave up maybe a few more laps they would have gone but guess I still need to reseal the mc just to be safe maybe even upgrade mc when i get a bigger brake it on but for now track pads are on the list for sure! Don't have any photos of the car on track just one from when it was parked up in the sheds waiting for the next lap outing.

[IMG]DSC01633 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

More updates to come soon I hope they're more interesting! but thats it for now until next time thanks for looking through and reading this really long update. Cheers
    Daily
    Triumph Street Triple RX
    Name
    Gregory

Quick Update.

Received a package today and it was my weather shields that I ordered a couple of weeks ago from germany. I went with Team HEKO because I remember a long time ago when I still had my first pulsar and I was scouring through the forums, was probably on this forum actually that I saw a forum member's sss with Team HEKO weather shields and I absolutely loved them. Never ended up getting them for that pulsar but when I bought this pulsar I thought i'll need to get a set eventually. Unfortunately Team HEKO themselves won't ship to Australia so I had to look on eBay UK and there is heaps listed on there so I picked up a set.

[IMG]DSC01998 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC01997 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC02003 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here is how they look on the car:

[IMG]DSC02000 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC02001 by gumunyugregory, on Flickr[/IMG]

I absolutely love how they look on the car, brings some style into the picture a little bit I think. I have some other bits for the car to change things up the current exterior look that I picked from japan auctions that I hope arrive soon.
    Until that update thanks for looking through, Cheers.
    Daily
    1989 Y31 Nissan Cedric Cima.

Great looking Pulsar! Keep it up, man.

Sent from my 601SO using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12