Page 11 of 270 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617182161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Babalouie's Project Hakosuka

The original seats were black on perforated black vinyl. My car was retrimmed at the same time as the resto, so the seat fabric and carpets are pretty new, 2yrs old.

The previous owner in Japan used Takata harnesses and I can understand why. The stock belts are not very comfortable, because the sash part hangs from the roof, it cuts into your neck. But ahh well, you gotta have them.....maybe if I fit a cage, I can mount the seat belts in the normal position.

Oh cool. Is the red perforated? The scheme suits well.

Hope you'll be able to engage gears now.

Quote Originally Posted by gimic View Post
    Oh cool. Is the red perforated? The scheme suits well.

Hope you'll be able to engage gears now.
    No the red is solid...I don't like it tho, it's more "50's drive in cruiser" than "hardcore touring car racer"

Touch wood, I think the new slave should fix it. The master cylinder actually looked ok, whereas the slave was well and truly cactus. There is a rubber seal around a piston inside the slave, and fluid had leaked past it, and since the fluid is hydroscopic, it absorbed moisture, then turned into a gooey paste, which then got sucked back past the piston, and then dust gets in there, making the paste abrasive, which then attacks the rubber seal and next thing you know it all eats itself. I've never seen a slave cylinder with so much brown crap inside, I'm amazed it worked long enough for me to get it into the garage.

My main prob now is getting that seat belt mounting thread repaired....should be ok though, it's a huge M10 hole, so should be workable.
    Daily
    2002 Mitsubishi Magna
    2nd Car
    Evolution 4.6
    Name
    Keven

Hey Kev, if your around tonight, I can give you a hand at the bleeding and I have the perfect solution for the threaded hole.

Let me make a few phone calls today, did you want to swap now too?
    If you ride a single speed and nobody sees you, is it still cool?

Let's dooo eeet Kevs

I'll give ya a call
    Daily
    a VN Commodore

Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    The previous owner in Japan used Takata harnesses and I can understand why. The stock belts are not very comfortable, because the sash part hangs from the roof, it cuts into your neck. But ahh well, you gotta have them.....maybe if I fit a cage, I can mount the seat belts in the normal position.
    Its just an idea, but on the Y31 Cima (which is pillarless) the seatbelt has a stiff section that comes down from the roof, to hold the seatbelt closer to the window line, so you dont end up with the belt cutting into your neck. Mabey you could use a set of them to make things comfortable, yet safe.

Ill take a pic of mine tonight to show you what I mean. There are a few Cimas at Nisswreck where you could get a pair from, all you would need to do is figure out how to mount the new belt webbing into the y31 belt mount.

Ta...worth a shot I suppose but I reckon the bodywork at the roof would prolly not be strong enough to withstand a twisting force from the drop-down bar.
    Daily
    Metro Ginza line
    2nd Car
    Metro Tozai line

Cima belts also have another cool feature: the passenger side belt can unclip at just over shoulder height, and fold up against the roof (for when you dont have a passenger with you)... And since doesnt have a B-pillar, it gives the car a coupe appearance...

I ended up swapping my drivers side belt for another Passenger side one, so that both of my belts could fold up to the roof

Btw, very nice car Babaluie... Does this mean there are not going to be any more updates for the VIPLEB Luce?

VIPLEB is a daily driver and I'm a bit loathe to mod it anymore since I need it to be the "sensible" car now, so it can't be off the road getting fixed or worked on
    Daily
    Metro Ginza line
    2nd Car
    Metro Tozai line

Fair enough. I have my gf’s echo to use for shopping etc, so I can afford to have my car being the impractical one.

So have you got custom plates coming for this one? Perhaps HAK05K?

Btw…with my new plates (VIP32Y) and Ryan’s GS300 (VIP300), I think it would be cool to have a pic of all 3 VIPs next to each other.