Page 4 of 270 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Babalouie's Project Hakosuka

Daily
    Bicycle

you are my hero.

damn your starting on it already!

Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    Cool, the vaccy gauges will help me out when i finally get the FCR kit for my Hachi (Ooops )

I have a customer here who rebuilds/tunes webers for Classic Porsche race cars here, I can get you in touch with him if you want, either that or...

A little known secret- Indy from IS can tune/rebuild DCOE Webers... ask him for his carbi experiences
    I've had carbs rebuilt by Carb Services in Burwood, and it's close to my work, so I'll pay them a visit on Monday. Basically all I would ask for is a rebuild with new gaskets...the only thing that "wears out" are the spindle bearings for the throttle flap, so it's just a clean and reassemble job, and I'll ask them if they can beadblast the exterior to make it shiny again and set the floats for me....jetting is easy to change later, and it's no point trying to guess what's right until I get the car going.

The car hasn't been driven properly in maybe 6mths and with a weak battery from the long trip, it started up fine, so I think the setup might actually be ok.
    Daily
    NA8 MX-5 LE
    Name
    AJ

my oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by VTi_b0i View Post
    thats fcuking awsome man! gona be a few headaches for parts me [email protected] but so worth it!
    It's actually not that bad...mechanically it's the same as 240Z or 240K. In terms of trim and panels that's the challenging part but to be honest, Nissan Japan still stocks things like bumpers, indicators, glass, etc.

The way it was described to me was that the Hakosuka is *the* JDM classic car, and the owners clubs are full of influential japanese who have basically forced Nissan to keep making parts for the Hako. So from what I understand it's actually a lot easier to get parts for the C10 than say a 240Z.

If you look at photodiaries of Hakos being restored in Japan, you notice that lots of parts come out of modern Nissan parts boxes, so to a certain extent this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    The way it was described to me was that the Hakosuka is *the* JDM classic car, and the owners clubs are full of influential japanese who have basically forced Nissan to keep making parts for the Hako. So from what I understand it's actually a lot easier to get parts for the C10 than say a 240Z.
    theres no problem in making parts again if there is a demand for them i guess

did you use a pipe spanner to crack the nut?

nice car btw i love classics

Quote Originally Posted by 4agte View Post
    did you use a pipe spanner to crack the nut?
    That was going to be the last resort...it would have buggered the nut but I would have gotten a new one made anyway. That still is a possibility if a ne clutch slave doesn't fix things (given the state of it I think it is the cause tho). One more thing I was about to try was blowtorching the nut a bit to shock it with heat.

Actually, what I was told that Nissan didn't want to keep making the parts, but influential Hako owners pulled corporate strings inside Nissan to make sure that they did, whether they liked it or not
    Daily
    FN2R
    Name
    Eugene

can i ask what engine this runs and power output?
    Banned
    Daily
    Trek 470
    2nd Car
    Shogun
    Name
    Van

It's got an L28 in it. I wanna get a 180SX and dump an L28 in it. Carby 180SX FTW! It's been done before, but it's still awesome.
    Daily
    Your Mother

Quote Originally Posted by van View Post
    It's got an L28 in it. I wanna get a 180SX and dump an L28 in it. Carby 180SX FTW! It's been done before, but it's still awesome.
    anything to get rid of the sr crap they come out with im down for

as for the clutch line, just cut it and get a custom braided line made up... much better

Quote Originally Posted by dead32 View Post
    as for the clutch line, just cut it and get a custom braided line made up... much better
    As a last resort that's what's going to happen...if the new slave cylinder doesn't fix the problem then I think I have no choice but to butcher off the nut with a pipe wrench and then the whole pipe will be ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by eug4emi View Post
    can i ask what engine this runs and power output?
    I've actually got no idea of the level of mods...I can see that there are triple webers, extractors and a dual exhaust, but I dunno if the engine has hi comp pistons, cam, ported head etc. The japanese seller didn't know the exact mods.

So potentially it'll be say a 100~110rwkw motor if it's just stockish or mildly tuned, and maybe a 130rwkw motor if it's quite wild.....but at the moment of course it makes a big fat zero until I can fix it