Yup...that's an 2000GT-R spec S20.
    Daily
    None
    2nd Car
    2011 Giant Talon 3
    Name
    Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    It's actually not that bad...mechanically it's the same as 240Z or 240K. In terms of trim and panels that's the challenging part but to be honest, Nissan Japan still stocks things like bumpers, indicators, glass, etc.

The way it was described to me was that the Hakosuka is *the* JDM classic car, and the owners clubs are full of influential japanese who have basically forced Nissan to keep making parts for the Hako. So from what I understand it's actually a lot easier to get parts for the C10 than say a 240Z.

If you look at photodiaries of Hakos being restored in Japan, you notice that lots of parts come out of modern Nissan parts boxes, so to a certain extent this is true.
    If you end up getting those mirrors or others then can you let me know how much you want for the standard fender mirrors?

Would look pimp on JDM 15L's rolla

Nah man, those mirrors were from resto pics of this awesome 4dr:

It went thru a superb restoration and if I hadn't found a good 2dr I might have ended up buying this car.

Daily
    Corolla's

Thats insane. Sure beats some of the restos ive seen down here.

They go all out on their cars over there huh?
    Daily
    MX5 SE

It is absolutely beautiful!

sooo r u gona track it when its done hehehehe
    Daily
    N15 SSS
    Name
    Rad

Babalouie: You looking at restoring the engine bay, bit by bit as part of the project?
    Member Bodgy Racing Developments's Avatar

you sir are a legend!
    teamGROUNDzero.org

Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    Thats insane. Sure beats some of the restos ive seen down here.

They go all out on their cars over there huh?
    The opposite is actually true. Most JDM restorations are actually quite dodgy and lots of corners are cut. Eg usually when they colour change a car they don't bother to spray the engine bay or sometimes even the door jambs.

So that 4dr resto is extremely rare and if a 2dr were to be subjected to the same quality of resto it would be a $50k car. Mine is certainly not to that std...it's solid but in many of the parts that aren't normally seen the attention to detail is not up to the std of the rest of the car...sometimes a person will restore a car on the shiny-side but not bother with cutting out rust undeneath at all....but that's very normal for Japan.

For example, check out this car:

Beautiful, huh? It's a multiple magazine feature car, for sale at a historic car dealer at a very high price, and is an Autosalon show car.

But look closely:

The paint prep is shocking...the masking work is just careless, like you cbf when you were doing it...and rust is even breaking out...and look at the finish below the rubber seal at the base of the windscreen.

If that's the part that you CAN see...imagine what it's like in the parts that aren't normally seen...so when I was looking for my car, we went to extra lengths to ensure that the car was restored well and not just bodgied up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Babalouie: You looking at restoring the engine bay, bit by bit as part of the project?
    Sort of I guess...it's a bit of a shame not to, since the engine bay is so minimalist and clean...for example you don't have to do a wiretuck because there are hardly any wires in the first place But I was going to polish the cam cover (it's been polished before, so I just have to tidy it up) and clean up the carbs since they're such a visually dominating part of the engine bay (got some chrome K&N filters for them already) and I'm 90% convinced that I should take the headers off and get them coated since they're rusty and are the only thing that let the engine bay visuals down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
    It is absolutely beautiful!

sooo r u gona track it when its done hehehehe
    Of course.
    Last edited by Babalouie; 17-02-08 at 05:34 PM.
    Daily
    GT BO$$ 353rwkw

this is fantastic Kev, absolutely love it. I too have a plan for some JDM Carby fed goodness in the future cant wait to see it in the metal.

do you know if the motor has had any internal work done to it? looks dam sweet.