Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tim's Red '92 N14 SSS Build - SR20VE - RPF1's - Weight Reduction - Track Day Prep

Daily
    N15 SSS Pulsar
    Name
    Tim

Hey guys and girls, update time

So after going over everything before this fast approaching track day, I noticed a little green drip from the water pump tell tale hole. So decided to err on the side of caution and throw a new pump at it before the track day. Checked all the coolant hoses, disconnected all the coolant lines from the intake manifold and looped them, also disconnected and looped the lines from the throttle body.

I had to release all 4 engine mounts to be able to have enough clearance between the chassis rail and the water pump, which meant removing the airbox. Since I made it I have always wanted to paint it satin black, so prepped it up and gave it a coat of paint.

Then I finished my seat brackets to mount the pair of Sparco Pro 2000's which I am running.

That's all from me for now

Thanks for reading.
    N14 SSS Build Thread HERE!
    Daily
    N15 SSS Pulsar
    Name
    Tim

Hey guys, some more track prep this weekend.*

Finished making up my 2.5"*sidepipe. Squashed a 4" piece of stainless pipe - a mate of mine and I love the look of the old 910 Bluebirds sidepipe and we wanted to do something similar.

I didn't want to make a complete system for the sake of a track day, especially when the VE exhaust will be 3"

Here are a couple of photos:

Performance wise alot better! Revs really free, has alot more punch and the SR scream is pretty full on!*

Anyway thanks for reading.*
    Last edited by Timmy; 26-06-18 at 08:48 PM.
    Daily
    Triumph Street Triple RX
    Name
    Gregory

Awesome progress with the N14 Tim its looking awesome! Can't go wrong with RPF1s too, I see you're a fan of them, but then who isn't when they look that good. I Like the direction you've taken with your interior not to mention the Sparcos are looking good in there too. Are they a similar setup to your previous N15 or pretty much the old setup you had in it that you kept?

Side pipe game is very strong too! I'm loving it, keep up the good work man.
    Daily
    N15 SSS Pulsar
    Name
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Greggyy View Post
    Awesome progress with the N14 Tim its looking awesome! Can't go wrong with RPF1s too, I see you're a fan of them, but then who isn't when they look that good. I Like the direction you've taken with your interior not to mention the Sparcos are looking good in there too. Are they a similar setup to your previous N15 or pretty much the old setup you had in it that you kept?

Side pipe game is very strong too! I'm loving it, keep up the good work man.
    Thanks very much Greg! I personally love RPF1's

They are very similar to my old N15 seats although they are mounted much better, alot lower, very close to OEM seat height actually. They are new seats though, not my old ones unfortunately.

The side pipe sound surprisingly good too! I'll post a video soon.
    Daily
    N15 SSS Pulsar
    Name
    Tim

Hey guys! Update time again.

So all the track prep during last week definitely paid off! We had no issues what so ever down at Wakefield last Sunday (24.6.18) Even with the sidepipe!

We managed to get 6 x sessions in during the Trackschool Track Day. I took my wife along for her first ever track day so we had 3 x sessions each.

Good news is she absolutely loved it, the bad news is she's almost as quick as me...��

My PB in my N15 (with SR20VE) was 1:16.06

I did a 1:16.16 in my N14

Wifey did a 1:16.83.... on her first ever track day.

So either I need to pull my finger out or I need less mechanical sympathy lol.

Following this little paragraph will be a few photos of the track prep that was under taken also some photos of the day taken by myself or my wife, (no pro ones yet)

There will be a couple of videos to follow once I finish giving them a tweak

A bit of a pre-service (brakes and clutch were only bled/flushed weeks prior)

Finished off my gearknob too, it is a Grimmspeed (Subaru) unit although I did some calcs and wanted one around 600g this one was 650g and needed a few mods including drilling/tapping the threads deeper down then relieving the inside to allow the short shifter to sit properly.

Then I dialed in some angles on the little red rocket.

I opted to buy a set of the Nankang AR1 tyres too, after reading so many good reviews, I thought I might as well give them a try when presented with a really good price on a set.

A quick snap to show how cool the morning was: still -3 at 7am

All setup, warmed up, ready for our first session:

The wife lining up ready to give the rocket some hell

And a shot under the Wakefield arch just before home time:

Daily
    N15 SSS Pulsar
    Name
    Tim

Hey guys, got the Pro photos back yesterday and thought I'd share

Thanks for looking
    Daily
    N15 SSS Pulsar
    Name
    Tim

Also, I had a little fiddle this afternoon and managed to get the harness bar mounted in nicely. Need to machine up a couple of new spacers to make it fit perfectly. Although it's not too bad now.

I want to run this:

1. So I can use my harnesses safely, the bar is setup to be level with the top of my shoulders. I am waiting for my other harness to arrive.
    2. So I have somewhere better to mount the GoPro, so it doesn't look like I'm filming from a potato... :p

Anyway, here is a couple of photos.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345