Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mloo's dr34m JDM C4mry

Daily
    S15

Already liking how this is shaping up. Definitely good to get that major service done. What's the auto like in these?
    Daily
    RPS13 TYPE X
    2nd Car
    mi bicycle
    Name
    mickey

Quote Originally Posted by Taikyu. View Post
    Already liking how this is shaping up. Definitely good to get that major service done. What's the auto like in these?
    Haha thanks for the kind words Taikyu! Yeah just for peace of mind especially because it had been sitting for ages.

It's not too bad, but it does get a little annoying when it downshifts by itself. Never really had an auto car before, not hoping to get used to it.
    Daily
    RPS13 TYPE X
    2nd Car
    mi bicycle
    Name
    mickey

Small updates, big hole in the wallet.

So I've picked up a few more parts but none of which have been installed.

My TRD grille needs to be fixed as the grille mesh is coming off and I'll need to respray it in 1C0.

Picked up a set of Slideworx (Australian brand - support Dick Smith guiz) SW666's, with tyres to tide me over because the stock 16" are so sunk and stock looking it makes my pee pee weep tears and not the good kind.

One of them has really bad rash, so I'll need to repair that.

The plan is to repaid and respray in Work's bronze/gold colour as these wheels remind me of Work EMOTION XD9's. They might be replica's not entirely sure, someone on here might be able to enlighten me.

In the way of manual conversions; I've started collecting my parts; ordered through JSI - highly recommend for Australian residents. They ship really quick and are extremely helpful through both their Facebook page and via email.

From left:
    Item #1: OEM leather shift boot
    Item #2: OEM MT JZX100 shift surround in faux carbon fibre trim
    Item #3: FRP MT JZX100 Transmission Tunnel cover

That's it for now. I'll keep saving and hopefully next update will have my lower control ball joints courtesy of North Shore Toyota.
    Daily
    Bugeye WRX Wagon
    2nd Car
    S2000

Nice one mate! Although, not feeling that rear spoiler..
    Daily
    RPS13 TYPE X
    2nd Car
    mi bicycle
    Name
    mickey

It's been a minute and a half since my last update but just been plowed in the a55 by work and Christmas period festivities.

Finally got some time to type out this essay. Apologies for the h000ge pictures. But more pixels means more fun right?
    27/11/2018
    So my ball joints did arrive but even as I'm writing this I have been putting off installing these myself and/or booking in the x100 to a workshop.
    1. I'm lazy as hell
    2. I'm poor as hell going into Christmas

Another very important part arrived (but I didn't get around to taking a picture of) and the cause of my wallet's gooche leaking blood is that my x110 R154 arrived from Broyota.

Slowly but surely the collection of parts is growing. I think the next main/big ones will be prop-shaft, clutch and fly-wheel. If anyone has any good recommendations of a affordable but reliable setup for the R154 I am all ears.

In one of my previous posts I did mention I really liked the look of Shu70's amuse grille and I finally came across one on the interwebz.
    "Let the odds forever be in your favour"

Fingers crossed

11/12/2018
    Decided to take one or many happy snaps at my missus' graduation.

22/12/2018
    More recently in the x100 time-line was cleaning up my headlights which were disgustingly yellow. Now I have had this s-experience in the past with my Toyota Altezza, jokes it was an is200 with zero grunt therefore I still had my turtle-wax kit lying around. However when I used it on my Lexus' it did not do diddly-squat. This time I was a little skeptical it would anything at all.

Especially as the xenon HID's normally yellow the inside of the headlight which cannot be restored unless the headlight is opened up.

<Queue inspirational music>

My fog-lights were also pretty cookt

By the grace of God, it actually turned out really well.

The carbon fibre roof wing was looking especially sad. 612 was telling me that, light sanding plus some clear coat should bring the shine right back but I was thinking maybe the turtle wax stuff could work on here too?

Daily
    RPS13 TYPE X
    2nd Car
    mi bicycle
    Name
    mickey

Letting the good times roll and the updates keep coming!

23/12/2018:

Thought what the hell, got the wheels - might as well test them, see how the fitment is and hopefully there are no issues with clearance or buckles.

Doesn't look so bad from this angle?

Nek minnit

Only a bit of poke?

Or a lot?

And then someone decided to give me an early Christmas present while I was taking Mum out while grocery shopping.

25/12/2018
    Younger brother had brought back a TRD sports grille for his iS200 and the mesh did not have any holding screws and it seemed like my TRD grille used the same screws - so I brought mine over and gave him a few of mine to install his mesh.

While there I thought if he had some leftover paint - I might as well use some too and paint my grille.

Quite the coincedence that both my x100 and my brother's (my old) sxe10 have the same paint code. The grille turned out pretty well and there was still paint in the can leftover.

As of today - I haven't mounted the grille yet but keen to install it someday.. But that'll be for another post.
    Daily
    Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R
    Name
    William

I've seen this car around Glen! Looks to be an exciting build, keen to see updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12