Daily
    RPS13 TYPE X
    2nd Car
    mi bicycle
    Name
    mickey

mloo's dr34m JDM C4mry

Greetings and salutations,

Seeing as JZX100.com is gone (but not forgotten) I've decided to write up the journey with my latest acquisition.

It's been a minute and a half since I posted in here but here are my prev. modes of vehicular transportation:

1990 Mazda Miata:
    http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...ne-last-hoorah

2002 Lexus IS200:
    http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...s-new-mistress

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250R EX250J:
    Never documented but a worthy addition to the stable. I still have my riding gear so hopefully in the future will get my hands on another bike. There's just something about have a pocket in between your legs (not making a dick jok3) and going fast. Of course not the safest or the most practical; I've ridden a few times in the wet and it's pretty fvcking scary. It definitely does not compare to a gixxer or anything else above LAMS bike standards but was still a good amount of fun with two wheels.

1997 Nissan 180SX Type X:
    Probably my favourite of all the cars I've owned up until picking up my chaser and my virgin turbo. Even though it was set at stock 7psi I really loved it. It was really practical too, I remember being able to put my road bicycle in there and still having space or being able to fit four tyres mounted on wheels in the back. However in the end I had to let it go; I could deal with getting keyed and always being worried about it getting stolen. The missus hate the fact that I park in the far corners of the earth to avoid people and their stupid door-opening habits. So I sold it.. I sold it and bought the worst thing imaginable.

https://imgur.com/Tda7DTm

2010 Honda Civic FD1:
    I promised myself I would never buy a front-wheel drive car.. And then it happened. Dad was fed up with driving manual and wanted to get rid of his FD1 so I told him I'd buy it off him. I mean how could it be? It was good on fuel, was never going to be stolen.
    On the flip-side, I had become what I never wanted to become. A pedestrian, a civilian driving a front-wheel drive non turbo car. I drove what every 18 year old drove. I became an everyday standard asian.

Was that bad? Yes. Very.

I tried to convince myself otherwise. I added a Mugen Grille, Mugen window visors and a roof wang.

https://imgur.com/WlLUUiv
    https://imgur.com/PapdOvl

[Not sure why I can't link imgur photos]

I drove this for a few months after buying it off Dad but it just wasn't the same.. I needed something else. Which leads me to what I drive now.

[1998 Toyota Chaser Tourer V.]

Roll the cliche's but I have always wanted a JZX100. There's just something about them that makes them so BO55, maybe it's the fact that they run 1J's straight from factory all the while being able to take your gf, her mum and sisters plus their imaginary dog. A lot of people comment that they look like the E34 M5. I personally do not see it but then again I wear glasses now so I'm not the best judge. I did want to buy one before I bought my type X but I just never had the cash, so I figured maybe it's just a dr34m. The one that you'll never obtain but just constantly think about.. when you just touch yourself. After I decided that I would not want to spend my life eating my own words and having my throat clogged with my foot (I consistently berated fwd owners), I spent a few months talking to the guys on JZX100.com about what I should do as I still didn't have the cash for the perfect JZX100.

For me the perfect X100 had to include the following:

1. Close to stock modifications on engine
    2. Factory manual
    3. Factory sunroof
    4. Under 170,000kms - (I know I know it's a 20+ year old car, there's going to be a mileage on them. And that if its been services then kms don't matter - but I'm a pedantic little princess so lay off)
    5. In VIC - I didn't mind flying but I also would prefer to NOT to fly out to another state only to find out that the car had a rough life and had been cuckholded by its previous owner.
    6. 6N9

In the end I ended up with something that only ticked 50% of those boxes.

Because cash-hola was the limiting factor, the plan was to source a clean auto, save up the dough along the way (in progress albeit very slow progress) manual convert and make it into what I wanted.

It was silver. It was auto. BUT it had 1 previous owner (from what I was told) and an import grade of 4B. Addtionally it only had 111,000kms on it - not sure how true these were but hey ignorance is bliss right? It also came with a lot of the goodies that I'd want to eventually want to get my grubby hands on.

I did some research into it and was originally imported through Import Revolution in Bayswater, VIC; had previously received a Road Worthy Cert from Vu/DT Panels/Nakama Workshop and had sat for the last 3.5 years or so untouched in a warehouse. The seller I bought it from received it as a pseudo divorce/separation agreement from her hubby at the time to pay for her European holidays? So it really had not been driven since she had it. Vu vouched for the car's condition and said it would be a good buy. So I literally scraped every penny in my bank account, bit down hard on the proverbial pillow and bought my Chaser

Next things to do:
    1.a Save money
    1.b 100,000kms service
    2. Import R154 plus other gear needed for manual swap
    3. Wheels

Ripped from 2014 Sales Ad spiced up with mloo's commentary

El Standard
    - Moonlight Silver - 1C0 Colour code
    - Factory XENON HID lamps - Very bright
    - SRS Airbags - (x4 what'd you know? Camry safety stats)
    - Series II Trispoke steering wheel - red stitching make my nuts hard
    - Electric folding side mirrors
    - Reverse Parking Sensors
    - Yellow JDM Fog Lamps
    - Sports ECT Mode
    - Snow Mode
    - Traction Control
    - Genuine Series II BodyKits; Front bar, Front
    - Genuine Weather Shields
    - Stocko Rocko wheels
    [s]- Spare Genuine boot with OEM Spoiler and Tourer-V Badges[/s] Did not get this when I bought the car. Sads

Mod list
    - TRD Strutbar
    - TRD Oil Cap
    - TRD Radiator Cap (Type N) - Did I get this? Idk, don't think so.
    - TRD Series II adjustable Spoiler with TRD boot and original TRD emblems
    - TRD Gearknob
    - TRD Sports Front Grill
    - BLITZ BOV Type SS
    - BLITZ Nur Spec Exhaust
    - Apexi Air Intake
    - HKS Turbo Timer
    - Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC Coilovers (Spring Rate: Front 12kg, Rear 8Kg)
    [s]- 18" Volk Racing GT7s, Rays Centre Caps. Staggered Set 18x8+29 and 18x9+39. Legal Stance[/s] - Definitely did not get this
    [s]- Kics Caliber-24 Heptagon Titanium Blue Lugnuts[/s] or this
    [s]- Genuine Rays caps - Blue [/s] or this
    - Origin D118-01 Carbon Fibre Roof Spoiler - Actually got this but not in the best shape
    - Genuine Toyota Carbon Fibre Side Pillars

Also came with a h3kt1c sound system; which I have completely no idea how to use except for inserting the single CD for music. Although it says that it's a 12 disc system?

- Pioneer Carrozzeria DEH-P707 Multi CD Conrol
    - Pioneer Carrozzeria DEH-P707 motorized in-dash screen
    - Pioneer Carrozzeria DEH-P707 Digital Signal Processor
    - Pioneer Carrozzeria AVIC-D717 DVD Car Computer/DVD Rom
    - Pioneer Carrozzeria 12 CD Changer CDX-P1240TX
    - Pioneer Carrozzeria ND-B2 Beacon Control Unit
    - Pioneer Carrozzeria Beacon Sensor Unit - VICS
    - Pioneer Carrozzeria Diversity TV Antenna with built-in Booster AN-63
    - Pioneer Carrozzeria Air-Link Type 4-way speakers TS-A90
    - Pioneer Carrozzeria Remote controller (For both headunit and Screen)
    - ADDZEST Continous Power 100w 2/1 Channel APA2100 Amplifier
    - ADDZEST 10" Woofer
    - Clarion FM Antenna Booster EA-110A (For OZ radio channels)
    Last edited by mloo; 06-11-18 at 08:48 AM.
    Daily
    S15

Always wanted a chaser as a daily/cruiser type car

Very keen to see how this goes!
    Daily
    RPS13 TYPE X
    2nd Car
    mi bicycle
    Name
    mickey

Thanks Taikyu.

I remember following your S15 thread because I got my type X a few months before you got your's. Did you get your TE's locally? I've been lurking on import monster for a set but they're all so expensive after freighting back to Aus.
    Daily
    S15

Quote Originally Posted by mloo View Post
    Thanks Taikyu.

I remember following your S15 thread because I got my type X a few months before you got your's. Did you get your TE's locally? I've been lurking on import monster for a set but they're all so expensive after freighting back to Aus.
    I nabbed them from a guy in Victoria actually who was selling up all the parts from his Type X funnily enough. Yeah TEs are not worth it to purchase overseas I found, that's what I tried to do originally before I found a set in Aus. I have seen some good TEs up for sale in good sizes for reasonable prices on the usual JDM wheels page on FB, have a try there !
    Daily
    RPS13 TYPE X
    2nd Car
    mi bicycle
    Name
    mickey

Quote Originally Posted by Taikyu. View Post
    I nabbed them from a guy in Victoria actually who was selling up all the parts from his Type X funnily enough. Yeah TEs are not worth it to purchase overseas I found, that's what I tried to do originally before I found a set in Aus. I have seen some good TEs up for sale in good sizes for reasonable prices on the usual JDM wheels page on FB, have a try there !
    Yeah I agree sets in Japan are super expensive which may also be due to the crappy exchange rate. The good deals on JDM wheels page are always gone within seconds..
    Daily
    RPS13 TYPE X
    2nd Car
    mi bicycle
    Name
    mickey

I picked up a TRD grille a few days ago. Similar to below. It's not in the best condition but I will need to respray it in 1c0 silver so hopefully I can repair it.

PS: I rate really rate the look of the above x100 but I'm unsure what front bar that is. Also on the hunt for a TRD front bar if I can find one.

Then again I really rate 5hu7o's look; with Series 2 front bar, Amuse Grille and a TRAUM front lip.

To be honest I just want to be greedy and get all the chaser aero parts so I can mix and match whenever I want LOL ; I mean wallet being willing.

In other news when I was perusing the interwebz for some TRD Chaser inspiration pictures I came across an old sales ad for my Chaser dating back to 2014. So turns out I may be the second or third owner and now I have a full mod list of what is on the car! #winning
    Daily
    RPS13 TYPE X
    2nd Car
    mi bicycle
    Name
    mickey

Took the Chaser out after work to the local scenic drive on Thursday night, just to stretch her legs

I think this was the first actual joy-ride in a while - you know just literally taking it out without having a destination or goal in mind.

Took some happy snaps while I was up in-town on the mountain using manual mode on my camera.

Need to lower her because she was raised to clear my RWC. Also need to get some new shoes; there's a set of RPF1's that I'm pretty k33n on, 18*9.5+15. They might stick out a bit as I know that 18.5*9.5+23 is perfect fitment for the fronts and I don't want to roll my guards.

Was driving back from a mate's house last night and got pulled over. It was so random, this SUV behind tail-gating me so I changed lands to let him pass. Nek minnit high beams me and turns on his siren and lights.

Checked my licence and my address then let me go, maybe thought that the Chaser was stolen?

~phew~ Not that there was anything he could defect me on.

Can already feel this is going to be the first of many pull-overs.
    Daily
    RPS13 TYPE X
    2nd Car
    mi bicycle
    Name
    mickey

Not much has happened in the way of mods but this is my pseudo diary, outpouring of thoughts directly related to my Chaser so..

Picked up the missus and took her for the first drive in the Chaser. I tried showing off the choo choo noises but to do this I had to give throttle then lay off throttle which my gf said made her feel ill so I kept this to a minimum for the trip up Dande - jokes I did it ALL the time driving up and down.

Then on Sunday took the Chaser out along the Western Ring Road to see how it drives at a constant 100kph. Feels good, slight vibration but nothing major and handled the many road imperfections quite well. Given its on 12kg F and 8kg R spring rates, it should be relatively plus. May need to look into higher/heavier spring rates to reduce boat'iness.

I actually received the car back from whiterolla/612 autowerks (absolute top bloke) last night whom helped with the 100,000kms service. Given the previous owner didn't drive the car much and I never got to meet the estranged partner/husband/boyfriend/sex friend (idk) I wanted to make sure I took it to an expert to get her freshened up.

The major service from 612 included the following:

*OEM Broyota Front Main Seal
    *OEM Broyota Timing Belt
    *OEM Broyota Timing Belt Tensioner
    *OEM Broyota timing Belt Pulley
    *OEM Broyota Water Pump with appropriate O Rings and gaskters including gasket for thermostat
    *OEM Broyota Serpentine Belt
    *OEM Exhaust Camshaft Seal
    *Replacement Bearing for Serpentine Belt
    *OEM Broyota Red Coolant
    *Penrite Full Synthetic 10w40
    *OEM Broyota Oil Filter
    *NGK BKR6E Spark Plugs
    *OEM Cam Cover Seals; left and right
    *OEM Thermostat
    + Cleaning of IACV
    *Replacement Fuel Filter

Simo advised that preventative maintenance is much better than things dying, I opted to replace my fuel filter during this time as well.

We checked under the car to see what condition she was in as I never had the chance when I bought the car and neither do I have my jack-stands which are still at my parents' place.

There was a few scratches on the under chassis but Simo said that there was nothing major to worry about. Unfortunately there were a few things that I will need to change in the near future due to wear and tear:

- Lower Ball Joints - SUPER DUPER urgent or die
    - Diff bushings
    - Rear castor arms

I've contacted NST, JSI and looked up OEM toyota for the parts as I don't want my car to suddenly lose its front tyres and/or suspension.

Broyota part numbers if it helps anyone:

43340-29185 - Front left side Lower Ball Joint assembly
    43330-29415 - Front right side Lower Ball Joint assembly

Still trying to construct a full list of parts for the manual conversion so that'll take another day or two at the office.
    Daily
    f20c'd s15
    Name
    Sung Luh

Ahhh so you're the one that bought it! I was in negotations with this until I found one locally in NSW. Literally the next day the person selling this accepted my offer. Looks so clean!
    l0ljks
    (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬─┬ ︵ ┻━┻