PDA

View Full Version : Welcome - Japanese Sports Car Club - JSCC - CAMS affiliated

tinkerbell
12-03-09, 02:35 PM
Welcome to the JSCC sub-forum on JDMST!

http://www.jscc.asn.au/images/extraimages/logo.jpg

we have been graciously been provided access to this site's vBulletin forum by Justin - thanks heaps Justin and JDMST :mrgreen:

This JSCC sub-forum will be used for:

event announcements & discussion
cruise details & discussion
general JSCC banter & chat

for more information on JSCC, please see: http://www.jscc.asn.au/

here is the Membership application page (http://www.jscc.asn.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16:how-to-become-a-jscc-member)

David..
JSCC Secretary

Roadster
12-03-09, 03:44 PM
cool. too bad I ride these days.

Mr Happ
12-03-09, 03:57 PM
excellent. i notice you have an M3, so its not Japanese cars only? i'd like to join a Cams affiliated club so i can get a L2S again.

tinkerbell
12-03-09, 04:03 PM
excellent. i notice you have an M3, so its not Japanese cars only? i'd like to join a Cams affiliated club so i can get a L2S again.

oh for sure!

any car make is welcome!

and yes - the primary reason for the club is to assist and aid people who want to compete at the CAMS club level, particularly at the L2S level

as well as for social cruises, drag events and drifting comps... but most guys who have joined so far are in to the Supersprints: 2009 NSW Championship (http://www.jscc.asn.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59:2009-nsw-cams-supersprint-championship&catid=10:cams-page&Itemid=49)

Mr Happ
12-03-09, 04:05 PM
great, i will be joining then.

tinkerbell
12-03-09, 04:32 PM
sounds good!

you maybe the the kW *king* if you really have 300+ :)

felixR
12-03-09, 04:33 PM
This is awesome. Thanks Justin! :) GO JSCC!!

Mr Happ
12-03-09, 04:33 PM
well yes, i have 301 to be precise.....however will be in the 330-340 zone soonish...

tinkerbell
12-03-09, 04:39 PM
well yes, i have 301 to be precise.....however will be in the 330-340 zone soonish...

*grins*

that is awesome :twisted:

just reading your F6 thread - that is one nice fusion :!:

Mr Happ
12-03-09, 04:46 PM
thanks mate its a work in progress.

buzza9
12-03-09, 04:52 PM
yeah i'll be sure to join in the next few weeks.. i want my L2S so i can start entering hill climbs etc... You will be hearing from me :)

DreadAngel
17-03-09, 01:26 PM
David! Its Yoey man =P

Glad you found JDMST :)

tinkerbell
17-03-09, 01:44 PM
yeah i'll be sure to join in the next few weeks.. i want my L2S so i can start entering hill climbs etc... You will be hearing from me :)

yay!

our first Suzuki! :mrgreen:

i am keen on some hillclimbs this year too...

buzza9
17-03-09, 02:55 PM
yay!

our first Suzuki! :mrgreen:

i am keen on some hillclimbs this year too...

Hehe :mrgreen: I filled out the paper work, Im going to pay on thursday and i will send an email confirming that..

MR2
18-03-09, 06:00 PM
sounds good!

you maybe the the kW *king* if you really have 300+ :)

SKIDDIES!

seriously I'm amused at your timing, I was just last night looking for a CAM's club to join...and HERE YOU ARE! YAY

D4NM4C
18-03-09, 07:37 PM
i will be joining once i get my new car :D

MR2
18-03-09, 08:26 PM
what's wrong with your current one? a decent set of rims and tyres and she'd be awesome...look at all the little VTEC's.

D4NM4C
18-03-09, 08:40 PM
eh, every cent i have at the moment is going towards my new car, so im gonna spoil myself and get my cams licence etc after i get my new car
just thought id subscribe so i wouldnt forget about this club

Q_ball
19-03-09, 08:31 AM
Sorry to sound like a nub Dave, but how long does it take for the apps/payment to be processed?
Just wanna put my application in for Winton this coming May thats all... and i dont wanna do it without confirming my CAMS first :)

tinkerbell
19-03-09, 09:41 AM
Sorry to sound like a nub Dave, but how long does it take for the apps/payment to be processed?
Just wanna put my application in for Winton this coming May thats all... and i dont wanna do it without confirming my CAMS first :)

your JSCC club card is here, being posted to you today, CAMS licence takes about 7 - 14 days to get to you.

but the JSCC Committee can provide you with a 30-day temporary CAMS licence anyway :)

so it is all good! when did you send your application to CAMS?

tinkerbell
19-03-09, 09:43 AM
seriously I'm amused at your timing, I was just last night looking for a CAM's club to join...and HERE YOU ARE! YAY

what sort of action are you interested in??

Q_ball
19-03-09, 09:49 AM
your JSCC club card is here, being posted to you today, CAMS licence takes about 7 - 14 days to get to you.

but the JSCC Committee can provide you with a 30-day temporary CAMS licence anyway :)

so it is all good! when did you send your application to CAMS?

Ahh you know what ive realised... ive simply signed up and paid for JSCC membership... not a CAMS licence as yet... >.<

Where can i apply for a CAMS licence? O.o

tinkerbell
19-03-09, 09:53 AM
lol, checking the JSCC website would be a good place to start!

there is a whole page dedicated to CAMS info:

http://www.jscc.asn.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=10&Itemid=49

but this is the particular section for CAMS licences:

http://www.jscc.asn.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12:cams-licences&catid=10:cams-page&Itemid=49

Q_ball
19-03-09, 09:55 AM
Ahh silly me.. i missed this page under the Motorsports tab.

Thanks Dave.
Filling this out now :)

Q_ball
19-03-09, 11:15 AM
Woo... just sent off the app form via mail from work :)

MR2
19-03-09, 03:21 PM
what sort of action are you interested in??

I don't know :|

give me a month or two to get her finished insured and on the road again and I'll come along to a few meets with a friend and we'll have a look at what's what :)

3000gt.com.au\files\weeee.avi

VTECMACHINE
19-03-09, 10:27 PM
JSCC FTW! Dave, i've been meaning to join. And will do once I think of trying out some supersprints.

buzza9
20-03-09, 08:02 AM
Just sent you a PM tinkerbell =]

Q_ball
21-03-09, 09:37 AM
Got my membership card now Dave,
Thanks for the quick turn around time :)

buzza9
26-03-09, 01:04 PM
Got my membership card and temporary CAMS licence in the mail yesterday...

Thanks soo much, really quick to process it all considering i needed it for this weekend and didnt give you much time...

Thanks again Nathan

tinkerbell
26-03-09, 01:09 PM
well, you did tell me you needed it last week mate, that is plenty of time when we have forewarning :)

good luck on the weekend, I love eastern creek - make sure you get some free driver training if it is on offer ;)

buzza9
26-03-09, 01:16 PM
yeah it will be a first time out there for me so i'll try and get some.. I'll post up times and how i went and maybe pics if i take my camera.. :)

.::F[L]Y::.
21-04-09, 04:24 PM
im now a JSCC member too :)

tinkerbell
21-04-09, 04:26 PM
hey - you would have loved the R35 GTR racing at Oran on last weekend!

soooooo effortlessly fast!!!

had some wicked Enkei's on it too!

PS - sending your card out to you this week ;)

21-04-09, 05:34 PM
ahh yes Benny/Jimmy told me about it! hoping to see it at wakefield. Will probably come and spectate if i have nothing on :)

The GTR isnt track ready yet unfortunately.

m0nty
26-04-09, 07:13 AM
Hey Dave, can you confirm my membership too please mate?

tinkerbell
28-04-09, 01:25 PM
yeah, newest cards being sent out this week, I was hoping to have the car stickers today, but still not arrived...

do you need your card immediately?

if so - i can send it out!

but still waiting on the JSCC stickers, so trying to save postage... ;)

m0nty
29-04-09, 04:49 PM
yeah, newest cards being sent out this week, I was hoping to have the car stickers today, but still not arrived...

do you need your card immediately?

if so - i can send it out!

but still waiting on the JSCC stickers, so trying to save postage... ;)

Nah, no rush. Just whenever you get the chance. Just wanted to make sure you got it OK. I had a guy make some stickers for the car but they're quit expensive.

m0nty
27-05-09, 07:39 PM
Got it now. Cheers Dave. Once the car is finished I'll be taking a much more active role.

jaeyon
27-05-09, 09:15 PM
man my weekend job is killing me. ill be signing up once i get back from my euro trip!

Mr Happ
28-05-09, 06:03 PM
Just completed membership form and sent $$$ :)

tinkerbell
29-05-09, 10:30 AM
ahhh, our first Ford :D

'First On Race Day'

29-05-09, 11:58 AM
Got my card the other week, Thanks Tinkerbell.

Mr Happ
29-05-09, 12:57 PM
ahhh, our first Ford :D

There will be 2 more shortly i think ;) They will both make my 300rwkw look pathetic i'd say....one is being fitted with an external gate T51, the other is owned by rapidsystems.com.au and both will be set up for circuit fun.

Gorilla
29-05-09, 01:49 PM
i signed up last week too, but should have opted to pay by DD lol.

tinkerbell
01-06-09, 10:23 AM
you can still pay by DD,

so please do!

-Bank Deposit - Name: "JSCC"
BSB: 082067 ACC: 833609136

moo moo nel
01-06-09, 12:36 PM
application sent

Gorilla
02-06-09, 11:28 AM
you can still pay by DD,

so please do!

-Bank Deposit - Name: "JSCC"
BSB: 082067 ACC: 833609136

Ill just fix you up on the day, not too far away now.

T0yRac3r
01-07-09, 02:17 PM
Hi folks!

I have just joined up! Met Dave at a CircuitClub event earlier in the year, and after a few organised trackdays want to get a CAMS lic and do some of the 'private practice days' that are cheaper and less crowded than what I have recently experienced. (65 people at the CircuitClub Oran Park event last month)

I am still building experience & skill so not up to any more competitive stuff yet, but in time... ;-)

I have a Suzuki Swift GTi turbo that is my daily driver, but also quite modified and putting out 140kW now!
Here is a link to a build thread with some details; http://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=39292

And some Youtube in-car vid at;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DtzjJW4XXo

Look forward to meeting some of you soon!!
Cheers,
James.

Shant
29-07-09, 05:30 PM
Howdy All,

Shant here, Just wanted to say I am officially a JSCC card carrying member and proud. LOL. Not ghey and proud despite reports LOL.

Hope to make it out Sunday, even if its just a quick pop in.

Regards,

Shant

morerevs
04-08-09, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=T0yRac3r;473685]
I have a Suzuki Swift GTi turbo that is my daily driver, but also quite modified and putting out 140kW now!
QUOTE]

Hey mate. I'm a new member too. I thought I'd say that I was at the circuit club meet at oran park not so long ago and I do remember seeing your swift. what time did you end up with TOyRac3r?

T0yRac3r
04-08-09, 11:51 PM
Hey mate. I'm a new member too. I thought I'd say that I was at the circuit club meet at oran park not so long ago and I do remember seeing your swift. what time did you end up with TOyRac3r?

1:29, but I went to Oran Park again a few weeks ago and this time my engine chewed up some valves, so it is still off the road getting a fairly major rebuild! :rolleyes:

Shant
05-08-09, 12:41 PM
is it with pete?

tinkerbell
05-08-09, 01:11 PM
hey Shant - missed you at EC...

i think i saw you drive in but i was in teh marshalling area getting ready to race...

T0yRac3r
05-08-09, 10:53 PM
is it with pete?

It is at Pete's (Suzitech) but he is not doing the rebuild - I actually bought another rebuilt engine (with forged pistons, hardened crank etc) from Qld, so Pete will be putting it in, but not doing the whole re-build.

It will also have a vf45 twinscroll turbo and lightened flywheel and cultus cams... so should be quite a package when it is finally back on the road & track!! :mrgreen:

Cappuccino
07-09-09, 08:40 PM
Woot Finally Joined....Application form sent and Money sent

Add another Suzuki to the list! :D

tinkerbell
09-09-09, 11:53 AM
Welcome Cappuccino - when will we be seeing your Cappucinno in action?

BTW - congratulations - you are our 50th official* member!!!

i think that this a great achievement for JSCC in our first year as a CAMS car club, so a big thanks goes out to JDMST for the exposure to all the Jap spec car enthusiasts out there...

we have some big things planned for 2010, plus some great events to finish off 2009, so keep an eye out on the JSCC website for news!

(*whilst you are actually memebr 58, as some peeps who have registered (and allocated a member number) are not financial, so are not actually 'official' members)

D4NM4C
09-09-09, 12:18 PM
expect to see me joining in the near future..

Cappuccino
10-09-09, 09:00 PM
Woot for being number 50 tinkerball hopefully by the end of the year but definiety next year you shall the cappa in action!

jaeyon
15-11-09, 01:00 PM
hey mate just joined up yesterday! should see the payment in your account. yay

T0yRac3r
12-01-10, 09:21 AM
Hey Dave,

I think the http://www.jscc.asn.au/ website has fallen over at the moment?!

Cheers,
James.

tinkerbell
12-01-10, 09:42 AM
yep!

we changed hosts and i have run into trouble setting up the new website...

i am getting help from support about it...

if you need forms or anything - i can email them!

tinkerbell
12-01-10, 10:17 AM
OK - we are back up!

sorry about that!

Steven
17-03-10, 11:38 PM
Hi all, I thought I better say hi here.... so, Hi :lol:

I've just (last night) submitted my application form and funds to JSCC, with a big want to return to club level motorsport, so I hope to meet up with you all some time soon.

Steven

T0yRac3r
22-03-10, 11:01 PM
Have you heard of this mythical Peats Ridge track!!! Rumour I heard was that it was privately owned by some Coca Cola Exec (which makes sense as they bottle Mt Franklin or some spring water up there anyway.)

Anyway - whatever!! Fact is it is there - see map link below, and CircuitClub have wangled a trackday there!! I am very keen to do this track!!

Here is the link and blurb!;
http://circuitclub.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=741
"Just letting you know that entries are now open for our inaugral Peats Ridge event on Sunday 16 May 2010.

You will be required to 'qualify' at MDTC and have your driving personally observed to be admitted to drive at Peats Ridge.
For more information please email me at: jayne '@' circuitclub.com.au
This event will be limited to 30 drivers only."

(I think this means they have asked Garry Wilmington to vet the cars).

GoogleMaps link to see track;
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=peats+ridge+racetrack&safe=strict&sll=-33.900484,151.037915&sspn=0.008798,0.013797&gl=au&ie=UTF8&hq=racetrack&hnear=Peats+Ridge+NSW&ll=-33.266663,151.236076&spn=0.008863,0.013797&t=h&z=16

I think this will fill up really quickly, so register now to avoid disappointment!
Love to have some other JSCC cars there!!

PS - Tinkerbell, sorry this really should be another topic on the forum, but I was not able to create one - but feel free to move it!! :mrgreen:

tinkerbell
24-03-10, 11:56 AM
You will be required to 'qualify' at MDTC and have your driving personally observed to be admitted to drive at Peats Ridge.

(I think this means they have asked Garry Wilmington to vet the cars).

nice one James!

but, i think it means the 'drivers/driving' will be cleared, (not the cars) as the peats ridge track is not silly-driver friendly...

is your engien back togetehr yet?

Steven - deposit received, I will be sending out your welcome pack ASAP :)

changas
13-07-10, 12:19 PM
g'day,
i've just submitted my application form and payment to JSCC, looking forward to participating and attending some events with the crew here.
jeff

tinkerbell
13-07-10, 03:18 PM
Hiya Jeff!

are you keen on track work and motorkhanas?

do you have a CAMS licence yet?

jOhn-e
28-07-10, 09:38 AM
I just joined woo hoo

T0yRac3r
28-07-10, 10:42 PM
nice one James!

but, i think it means the 'drivers/driving' will be cleared, (not the cars) as the peats ridge track is not silly-driver friendly...

is your engine back together yet?

Hi Dave,
Yes - it was a very long saga but it is back together and really sweet!!!:mrgreen:
Only prob currently is I am very low on cash after house repairs & painting - so keeping a low profile but itching to get back onto the track!!!!:D
Cheers, James.

scud
13-10-11, 01:49 PM
I have been missing from jdmst for ages...

I signed up yesterday and paid so hopefully everything will get approved so I can get back into the community!