Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: JDM FC3S TRACK CAR BUILD

gmr

Cheers James, ordered the full set cannot wait for them to arrive and to start learning (found Nuts, Bolts & Fasteners and Engineer to Win on ebay!)

btw what paint did you use on the respray? It looks brilliant I want to respray my S15s white and every spraypainter I've spoken to hates the pearl white (WK0) on the S15 because it is hard to match. Same as you want an easy fix if/when it gets damaged on the track..

Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by gmr View Post
    Cheers James, ordered the full set cannot wait for them to arrive and to start learning (found Nuts, Bolts & Fasteners and Engineer to Win on ebay!)

btw what paint did you use on the respray? It looks brilliant I want to respray my S15s white and every spraypainter I've spoken to hates the pearl white (WK0) on the S15 because it is hard to match. Same as you want an easy fix if/when it gets damaged on the track..

Thanks for the advice
    No worries Alex.

Like I said those books can get heavy - but I just read them all the time and it sinks in eventually. I always take something away from reading one of them.

As for the paint thats a simple one - straight white tinter. Reason was

A# its easier to repair. I built the bumper 6 months after the car and the ReAmemiya "Wangan" wing is being painted now along with the recently aquired alloy hood. No matching needed it matches every time. Great on a racecar where you are patching it up.

B# it hides imperfections well. The car looks good yes, but little bumps and dents are hidden well with a bright white and this is the brightest.!

C# I love the colour! Straight white means business to me but thats personal.

James.
    PM me if you have any Work Rezax Roar wheels - always after spares
    Daily
    Evo X
    2nd Car
    S15
    Name
    Joseph

Awesome build love the effort and time being put into this.

Your cage, who built it?

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Awesome build love the effort and time being put into this.

Your cage, who built it?
    thanks jroc - all my fab work i need done is by Grunt Performance in Dromana. Liam is great.
    http://www.gruntperformance.com.au/

Been pretty busy with work, but picked up some retro JDM banners to fill in some space in the workshop

3m long one on the ceiling

And a couple of regular ones on the doors

Closing up the workshop tonight

looking forward to some time in the workshop over xmas. Time to finish the build and get testing on the track.

Not much done last week. Xmas and NYE got in the way......

Front undrtray are in.

Rear bumper support is now in to stop the lower trailing edge of the bumper flapping in the wind.

You can just sport the bolts going through the rear panel that support the brace.

You have probably spotted the rear tow strap to. Attached with a high tensile bolt of course.

Been busy with work and renovating the house but some parts arrived from Jesse Streeter in Japan today so into the garage I went.

Tein front strut brace - my one that came with the car was pretty rough.

And took a chance on a URAS triple duct too. Decided if it didn't fit some Skyline guy would buy it - but it fits! Just a little bit of die grinding on the ends to follow the profile of the bumper strip then I will paint it and stick it on.

I am painting it gloss black to match the gloss black RE Amemiya mirrors, RE Amemiya rear spoiler and the Work Rezax wheels. I wanted to break up the white a little and this balances out the rear spoier nicely. Need all the air through the front I can get - especially when a front mount goes on there later with the Cosmo motor I am looking to in a few years. For now it helps get that important air in.

I have just designed an offset plate bracket for the front I will fold up tomorrow out of alloy and install to move the plate to the right hand side of the bumper to max airflow on the street. Not an issue at the strack with the plates off...............

On a side note - if you need anything form import monster/ RHD Japan Jesse is great.

More going on with the car in the next few weeks. Hoping to fit up a lot more parts, tidy the nuts and bolt up with all new stuff and trim the doors.

JAmes.
    gmr

How are things go with your build James - any updates?!!

btw where did you source the delrin bushes? Am chasing some for the LCAs. Cheers.
    Daily
    Isuzu Dmax
    2nd Car
    FC3S RX7 racecar
    Name
    James

Quote Originally Posted by gmr View Post
    How are things go with your build James - any updates?!!

btw where did you source the delrin bushes? Am chasing some for the LCAs. Cheers.
    Yeah been a little slow. Went to Japan for a week, then work got in the way had to go interstate.....but you need to work to pay for the build! What a vicious cycle it is!

I scored a PWR front mount for my favourite price - $0.00. Although my friend calls it a long term loan (Thanks Simon!). Anyway it fits up front like I designed it that way so going to mount it this weekend. Fits under the radiator cooling panel I made really well not too close to the front and no bumper mod needed. Just need to mod the in/out on the coler to point where I need it and bang it on. I was going to run the top mount HKS but with this at least I can extract every last KW in the rules.

I made a full length powder coated alloy centre console, got the rest of the carbon fibre parts to fit the dash, and sorted where to mount the coils and ECU inside the car.

The stock turbo is at ATP getting rebuilt to stock specifications as per the rules for 2B Marque Sports car regs. Well stock on the outside.........So the knightsport is just sitting on the bench and theother hybrid with the garret front cover is out too.

#360 degree thrust conversion
    #Machined comp cover to accept largest garret front wheel (60 series I think from memory)
    #Machined rear housing to accept the larger Cosworth Sierra stage 5 rear wheel
    #All new seals and ballnced etc etc.

NOT a cheap job, but the rules are really getting enforcd from 2014 so no point throwing on a T04Z and having to go back again. Stock on the outside is stock as far as CAMS are concerned. Have to run the stock intake manifold which sucks. It's not a power thing the stock one is well up to it but a later series 6 intake looks nicer. Same for exhaust manifold, has to be stock.

Once the car is log booked, I can always change things to go faster in other classes but always have the parts to come back to a CAMS sanctioned class.

The delrin bushes - I got them from MMR about 2 years ago. Some people complain he is slow but I found him to be fine. Alot of other places do them now though. Just google Delrin FC3S and you can see for yourself.

I will get my ass into gear and upload more pics over the weekend.

James.
    PM me if you have any Work Rezax Roar wheels - need more for spare race tyres any condition is OK!!!!
    Daily
    Isuzu Dmax
    2nd Car
    FC3S RX7 racecar
    Name
    James

Ok first thing is first. I thought it was Sunday - it's not it's Monday so before I shot by TV I decided to go out to the garage and do some stuff.

First up I got "loaned" this PWR FMIC............

So I made some room up front

And mounted it in place

It fits really well. Need to tweek the inlets in the tanks to clear the undertray and point them in the right direction to meet the pipes through the inner guards but in all pretty happy.

I also bit the bullet and ordered some East Bear replica headlights.

A few reasons for the lights

1- Easier to wire up
    2- Much lighter than OEM
    3- More room without motors to plumb intercooer pipes and brake ducts

They look ok - but I see a few FD's running them, and they were $450.00 delivered. My stock flip ups were ok, but the motors did play up and the mounting plates for he motors are pretty rusty. With these I can always swap back if I like but for now it's mainly for the mechanical advantages. Weight and space.

I plan to run 2 small fans to pull air onto the front brakes. I may even run a water spray onto the front rotors but in any case this gives me the space I need.
    PM me if you have any Work Rezax Roar wheels - need more for spare race tyres any condition is OK!!!!