Daily
    Toyota Camry
    2nd Car
    Toyota Supra
    Name
    Zak

Nissan Silvia S13 Build

Hey Guys
    Just a quick introduction before I begin, my name is Zak, I’m a massive mightycarmods fan and I’ve been browsing through many build threads on the forum and have come across many which have inspired me to write my own. Just to let everyone know I do not have much experience working on cars so if I’m doing anything wrong let me know.
    So me and my mates recently purchased a 1993 Nissan Silvia SR20DE with a manual gearbox and LSD it comes with Strut and sway bars front and back, coilovers JVC head unit with a Subwoofer and CA lip. All the goodies you would want in a Silvia minus the turbo .
    Some of the bad points of the vehicle is the paint, whole car needs a respray, there are couple of dints here and there nothing major also the SR20 motor has a spun bearing, but all in all the body is straight and the interior is spotless. The main goal with the car at the moment is to get it back on the road as soon as possible maybe enjoy it for couple months then get a respray mainly keeping it OEM looking, then after I get off my provisional licences Turbo it, hopefully this would be a long term group project for me and my mates. Here are some pictures of the car when we picked it up. Enjoy. (It’s the dark green Silvia)

Heres a pic the next day back at the garage.

Lel used empty Oil bottles to hold the lip which will be put on later after some repairs.

Some Interior shot (shitty camera)

Original flare that came with the car ^^.

Hopefully more mods to come
    Last edited by Zakkaz; 21-02-17 at 12:37 AM.
    Daily
    Toyota Camry
    2nd Car
    Toyota Supra
    Name
    Zak

So over the next few days we worked on the car with whatever free time we had, we got to removing the front bumper, headlights, air box, hood, radiator, overflow bottle, and all the other little things that needed to come out for the engine removal.

First things first we removed the spark plugs.

Then we removed the radiator and airbox pretty straightforward

The Overflow bottle was in pretty bad shape, it has some type of silicone/glue substance covering the hole on the side, gonna have to replace that we a gktech one ASAP.

She doesn’t look too good atm but hopefully when we are done with her shell be back to her beautiful self. This part of the build wasn’t too hard hopefully the rest of the build goes smoothly. As you can see so much dirt and leaves in the engine bay.

Last edited by Zakkaz; 21-02-17 at 08:32 AM.
    Daily
    Toyota Camry
    2nd Car
    Toyota Supra
    Name
    Zak

We decided to bring the engine out with the gearbox, this was best option for us.So we started disconnecting all the little things such as the Clutch Slave Cylinder, Gearbox Mount, Tailshaft.

To Make the Engine Removal easier for us we took of the Power Steering Pump, Alternator and AC compressor.

[IMG][/IMG]

Before we forget we drained out the oil in the Engine and the Gearbox , The Engine oil was pretty murky. Must've spun a bearing because of no service.

Next we disconnected the Loom from the ECU in the passenger footwell , then we yanked it out out of the firewall and with the engine mount undone and oil filter removed the sr20 was ready to come out .

me pointing out that the engine might hit the front thingy

Buuuuut it made it out , after abit of maneuvering . Looks abit dangerous here but we got it off the crane safety.

i was actually quite keen to see the condition of the clutch, the car hasn't been driven at all since time of purchase except for when we had to reverse it into the garage and the clutch felt fuarrked. So we laid the Engine and Gearbox safetly onto the ground and started unbolted the gearbox from the engine.

As you can see from the above images the Flywheel, clutch and clutch plate are gone, Flywheel can be machined but as for the clutch and clutch plate we are replacing. Not a major setback as we planned to change the clutch anyway, dunno what brand to go with Xtreme Cutch kit or the EXEDY clutch kit. Gonna have to read some reviews. After that we tucked away the Transmission back under the car and mounted the engine onto the Engine stand.

Now its time for the fun part
    Daily
    JZA80 Supra
    2nd Car
    Coming soon ;)

Good start mate, any updates?